We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: E11 East Coast reception?  (Read 1031 times)

Elf36

E11 East Coast reception?
« on: February 03, 2022, 1840 UTC »
This may be a silly question, but does anyone on the East Coast ever hear the E11 broadcast? Living in Florida, I'm use to catching HM01 all the time (It's almost too close)

Offline tiNG

• JO44QO
  • DX since 1976
    • ICQ Messenger - 144821677
    • View Profile
    • German UTDX-Forum (entirely German...)
Re: E11 East Coast reception?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 0947 UTC »
Hi Elf.

The could be difficult as the experience with the Polish numbers station of E11 and S11a show that they are mostly directed to the south. Seems they have their agents in Belarus or in the Near an Middle East. Even for me in the farmost north of Germany most transmissions of both E11 and S11a are hard to copy as I am north of their suggested TX site.

One chance would be on Wednesday and Thursday at 0315 UTC on 9052,0 kHz. With the actual condx this would be the only chance you seem to have.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards and stay safe.
73 & 55
Thomas
Rüm hart – klaar kiming

Elf36

Re: E11 East Coast reception?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 1208 UTC »
Thanks for the response itNG. I was thinking that also and I've noticed I never seen anyone from the US posting anything in regards to reception. I'm sure it's heard from time to time under good conditions. 73's