We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Propaganda  (Read 1551 times)

Offline 47DK1

• View Profile
Propaganda
« on: March 08, 2022, 1047 UTC »
Some kind of propaganda I think on 7050 Khz Lsb

Elf36

Re: Propaganda
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 1241 UTC »
Good morning, Where are you located and what language was it? I just wrote down the frequency. I'll try to keep an ear out for it. Thanks

Offline Charlie_Dont_Surf

• Charlie's Point, California
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 2107 UTC »
Some kind of propaganda I think on 7050 Khz Lsb

I assume that your are in Europe and what you are listening to is the ongoing "radio war" among ham radio operators in Russia and Ukraine. This has been ongoing for years on a daily basis on 7050-7055 KHz. It is generally composed of propaganda broadcasts, jamming, talking over the folks that oppose your beliefs, etc.

Example of what I recorded on 7055 on 6 March: https://voca.ro/1m0RMlVEafEE I don't understand all of it (other than the English) but you can get the idea of the rest of it.

I don't STRETCH the truth.

"Every minute I spend in this room, my signal gets weaker.
Every minute Charlie squats in the bush, his signal gets stronger."

Offline RadioMon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 2141 UTC »
7200 and 14313 are stateside examples of it too.

I'll check 7050 and see what I can hear.

Elf36

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2022, 2155 UTC »
Interesting. I frequent the CW portion of 40M between 7.025 and 7.060 and have never noticed. Although I have heard SSB and just figured it was coming from a country with different band set-ups and didn't stick around to listen.

Offline kris

• Marconi Class DXer
  • N.Poland
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Propaganda -radio war UA anti RU
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 1249 UTC »
    What Charlie recorded is a Radio Rurik broadcast. Stanisłav Rurik, the owner of the station, is an Ukrainian ham radio, journalist, blogger and officer, fighting on the air with the Russian invader.
His private station has been active since the first Russian aggression in 2014 against the Crimea and Donbass.
It transmits with high power in ESSB modulation on channels 7050, 7055, 7060 LSB (daytime) depending on the activity of Russian adversaries and the level of jamming. From the beginning of March this year, it is also active in the afternoon on the 3920 USB channel (in 2021 it worked in the evening on 3731 LSB)
  A second Ukrainian station, located elsewhere in Western Ukraine, cooperates with Radio Rurik, they exchange some recordings. In addition to journalism, politics and music, they have lively "hide park" discussions.
     GLORY UKRAINE !!!!!
1305 S9+ Ukrainien anthem
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 1307 UTC by kris »
RX888 ( SDR-FE-PLAY, HRD-747, Sony XDR-F1HD),
Ant. 25m L type (at home Sky Loop 180m 15m AGL, Sky Loop 120m 35m AGL)
       + QRM X-phase eliminator
QTH:  NE Poland on long weekend Ru/Sp/Gr/Sb=Russian,Spanish,Greek,Serbien
eQSL appreciated to: 13krzycho@gmail.com

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns