We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 1600gmt., 7.000 lsb., wtf...  (Read 1423 times)

UncleJohn

1600gmt., 7.000 lsb., wtf...
« on: March 27, 2022, 2246 UTC »
...nonsense chit-chat/rambling, multi-syllabic ranting, repeating chanting (?), multiple voices, fading signal, not English; 1628 hrs. signal too weak, same o' same o'... Anyone!?  ::)

Offline Shortwave_Listener

• DXing Phenomena
  • British Columbia, Canada
    • View Profile
    • The Shortwave Listener
Re: 1600gmt., 7.000 lsb., wtf...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 0624 UTC »
You are hearing the Indonesian chanters. It is not know for sure what they are doing but is most likely a contest to see who is the loudest. I have observed that there is one person who seems to run it and a large group of chanters. Once the chanters are done the person running the contest plays back a recording of the chants. They are active every morning. They are very strange. Google “Indonesian chanters shortwave” and you will find some more information.
Lucas Bandura
eQSL appreciated! lucasnerite@gmail.com
Songs are identified with Shazam if needed. I usually use KiwiSDR receivers. Reception from my QTH is using an SDRPlay RSP1A for SWL with a 40 meter band Inverted V at 40 feet. Kenwood TS-570D for ham use.
My website: https://swl7.wordpress.com/
Shortwave Radio Archive: https://www.youtube.com/@SW_Archive
https://archive.org/details/@shortwave_radio_archive

Offline shadypyro

• Port Alberni British Columbia Canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 1626 UTC »
They are also on 7045 LSB and 7085 LSB as I get them almost every morning at my QTH in British Columbia Canada, I call them the Indonesian “monks”.
Tecsun PL-880, MLA-30 plus loop antenna. Various sdrs.

Please eQSL to deserthawk1990@hotmail.com

UncleJohn

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2022, 2300 UTC »
I listened for them this morning but nada (I've heard similar B4). Thought they were only on Sundays... which, well I guess will still be Sunday in Indonesia, evening-time. That explains the signal reaching this far North-East. Thanks for the info.

Elf36

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 0018 UTC »
This makes me think of CB radio 'Shootouts' where multiple stations with a lot of power repeat a number on the same frequency and then someone listening on a base rig at whatever distance away would judge who was loudest. As far as a concept of what's going on here.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 0021 UTC by Elf36 »

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns