We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Freebanders 6650 jammed with Vivaldi's four seasons & more  (Read 948 times)

Offline Mad Radio DXer UK

• South Coast of UK
    • View Profile
2022 hrs - What a strange way to jam someone by playing Vivaldi's Four Seasons. Also maybe another jammer joining in. Sounds a mess right now. Earlier in the day the freebanders on nearby frequencies were also jammed, nothing new of course for those that monitor this part of the band regularly.
Indoor setup: Elad FDM-S2 & MLA-30 antenna. One stock & another modified.
Outdoor radios: XHDATA D-808, Tecsun PL-330, Tecsun PL-390.

• South Coast of UK
    • View Profile
Re: Freebanders 6650 jammed with Vivaldi's four seasons & more
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 1953 UTC »
6650 & 6660 are being jammed at the same time  .I have never heard it like this  crazy before. They also went on 6680 to disrupt some other freebanders. Also it sounds like one jammer is trying to outdo another jammer on the same frequency.  :-\

UncleJohn

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 2351 UTC »
Howdy! I was listening not too long ago to a classical program from CBC radio, near Victoria, B.C. They were gonna play something by Igor Stravinsky (i don't remember what)...anyway the announcer...er presenter made the following comment as I can remember: "Igor Stravinsky supposedly said "Vivaldi did not write 400 concertos; he wrote 400 concertos One time". May I just say "Shame On Him!!"  >:(  Smug ass Ruskie!  I particularly love his oboe concertos annnddd If The One & Only Johann Sebastian Bach thought enough of Vivaldi's works to transcribe a bunch for, of course, The King Of Instruments, well, need I say more!?
(P.S. Stravinsky's stuff is ok too.) Oh, sleep tight!
additional: Oh Oh...I just reread your original post & I see I read it wrong...someone was using Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" as a jammer? So...was the original pirate airing something by Stravinsky maybe?   ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 0006 UTC by UncleJohn »

• South Coast of UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 1345 UTC »
I would have been interested to hear the reaction to some Mozart or Beethoven, although the jammer or jammers went back to more modern stuff.
I am not a classical music connoisseur, but I do like listening to some tunes every now & then. It has helped me to sometimes ID some pieces that are played on the radio & TV.

Offline RadioMon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2022, 1729 UTC »
I'm across the pond from all the fun, it seems.

What's the freeband activity level in that frequency region from, say, 0300UTC til 1000UTC or thereabouts? I don't hear much in the way of 41M two-way comms stateside, but there are a few daytime pirate broadcasters here and there.

• South Coast of UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 1441 UTC »
No idea, because I don't listen at the time since I would be asleep. I usually check them out between 1400 to 2200 hrs UTC. Most of the time they are French speaking comms, but I also receive Greek & Portuguese every now & then.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns