We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Anyone ever check-out this magazine, The Spectrum Monitor?  (Read 1195 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
https://www.thespectrummonitor.com/     and      https://www.eham.net/reviews/view-product?id=14036   Apparently, most columnists are ex-Monitoring Times.  For $25.00, I might give that a go.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline NJQA

• Virginia
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone ever check-out this magazine, The Spectrum Monitor?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 1030 UTC »
I’ve been a subscriber from issue #1.  It’s an excellent magazine with relevant and timely content — a worthy successor to Monitoring Times.  I especially appreciate that the issues come out as pdf files vice something tied to a proprietary platform with DRM like Zinio.

While we are talking about magazines, I would like to put in a plug for the RSGB magazine Radcom.  They put QST to shame, having far better technical content.  It reminds me of the old QST, decades ago.

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 2240 UTC »
Like with NJQA, I have also been a subscriber since the beginning (and MT before that). I highly recommend it.

Minneapolis, MN

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 1425 UTC »
I've been a subscriber. It's good stuff, though in recent years it's taken more of a ham radio perspective which is kind of redundant for me since I also get QST tanks to my ARRL membership. But there are always a few good columns and reviews and at $2 an issue (if you get the annual subscription) it's a real bargain.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail