We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: "DAD" On Air ~13.56305 MHZ  (Read 1443 times)

Offline N9QIW

• Winfield, IN USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
"DAD" On Air ~13.56305 MHZ
« on: April 17, 2022, 1758 UTC »
"DAD"  is on the air at approximately ~13.56305 MHZ from Grid EN61 (Northwest Indiana Near Chicago)  Antenna is a G5RV up about 40 feet.     Please let me know if you hear it!  Thanks!  Alex.  This is a temporary TX until the transmitter is shipped to UT to my father. 
Alex
N9QIW
Winfield, IN

Offline N9QIW

• Winfield, IN USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
"DAD" On Air ~13.56305 MHZ
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 1835 UTC »
Temporary beacon until it gets shipped to my father in Utah.    "DAD"  located in Northwest Indiana (Grid EN61).   Beacon TX is running into a G5RV antenna up about 40 feet.   Let me know if you copy this one.    Once "DAD" gets shipped,  "QIW" will go back on the air.

Happy hunting!
Alex
Alex
N9QIW
Winfield, IN

Offline MojaveBeaconeer

• View Profile
Re: "DAD" On Air ~13.56305 MHZ
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 1227 UTC »
Not yet heard out west in the CA desert on any of my rxs. 

One thing to know is that you WILL get a better idea of the propagation of your beacon by checking out many KiwiSDRs (or WebSDRs too) for its signal rather than rely on reporting here which seems to be scanty by-compare for the 22m stuff.

I see my "RR-dash" shows up on a few SDRs here and there (13562.78 kHz presently into a helical vertical with counterpoise "ground") - but if I strictly relied upon reports here (i.e. a total lack of them) i.e. "I'd never know."

Thank goodness for the SDRs we have today which are the best way to get a "report" - DIY! 73MB

Sparx

Re: "DAD" On Air ~13.56305 MHZ
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 0001 UTC »
I've seen an occasional signal on the waterfall at 13.56301 and have heard CW there, but too weak for a positive ID.  Perhaps that is "DAD", but unfortunately I can't be sure.   

HiFERs are a hard catch, though there are three (PCO, KAH, and ODX) that I observe very frequently.