We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Been enjoying Joyce Riley on the "Power Hour".....  (Read 3022 times)

Offline thebeav

• View Profile
    • Email
Been enjoying Joyce Riley on the "Power Hour".....
« on: January 17, 2013, 0300 UTC »
Conservative talk radio on at 13:00 UTC, I think until 16:00 (I have to leave for work).
Interesting talk, good guests, and generally great signal on 13.845 and 7.490.....

Anyone else listen to this show?

Paul

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
Re: Been enjoying Joyce Riley on the "Power Hour".....
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 0354 UTC »
Heard them talking about the "staged event at sandy hook elementary school". Seems to be complete lunacy if you ask me. A bunch of dead 5 year olds and these fools call it a  "staged event". Theres enough crap to get pissed about without inventing more.
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room

Nella F.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 2351 UTC »
This broadcast, by my deduction via primetimeshortwave listings, appears to be from World University Network*, which includes Pastor Melissa Scott, who, according to her website, is a "...linguist with command of over twenty languages". Impressive, perhaps. But those eyebrows!  :o  Also, haven't been able to find the age difference between her & her late hubby. Looks like @ least a couple of generations. Like the long hair, gotta admit.
*open to correction
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 2355 UTC by Nella F. »

Offline taschenrechner

• Я робот. Я работаю на заводе.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Been enjoying Joyce Riley on the "Power Hour".....
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 0013 UTC »
Hmm, I majored in linguistics in school. One thing every professor always hated was confusing linguists with polyglots. You can drive 20 cars but that doesn't make you a mechanic.
Airspy HF+ Discovery, Youloop.  SDR++, GQRX,
QSL to: kj4wna@gmail.com

Nella F.

Re: Re: Been enjoying Joyce Riley on the "Power Hour".....
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 0030 UTC »
Hmm, I majored in linguistics in school. One thing every professor always hated was confusing linguists with polyglots. You can drive 20 cars but that doesn't make you a mechanic.

Her official website describes her as a linguist. Interesting. It says she has "command" of over 20 languages. I guess is she's being sloppy with describing her expertise. No wait: She digs deeply into ancient manuscripts. Yup. A linguist, not a speaker of 20 languages. My Bad.

Offline kmorgan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 0500 UTC »
Does she SPEAK 20 languages..? I'd be more inclined to believe her had she broadcast her disjointed ramblings in other tongues. I used to see Dr Scott on my old C Band satellite system way back in the 90s. From what I hear, she used to be an "exotic dancer" & that's how she met "Dr" (quotes intentional) Scott. Totally off topic- sort of-

but what is it with USA shortwave?? You'd think with all of the great minds & people with a lot of capital to invest, we'd find some decent programming. Are there some unspoken rules about broadcasting the unwashed masses are kept in the dark about? For instance- that you cannot have any programming that is instructive, interesting, or useful.

Nella F.

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 2352 UTC »
"... From what I hear, she used to be an "exotic dancer"

:o Are you serious! Sounds  ;) Hot Hot Hot to me. Gonna have to tune her in...with the volume on mute!  :D

Offline kmorgan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 0858 UTC »
"... From what I hear, she used to be an "exotic dancer"

:o Are you serious! Sounds  ;) Hot Hot Hot to me. Gonna have to tune her in...with the volume on mute!  :D

lol I am pretty sure she's not so "exotic" looking these days.

Nella F.

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 0127 UTC »
Google image her Morgan, not too bad. Again, long hair! Oh, eyebrows!