We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Mojave Beaconeer's Rants, Opinions and Demands  (Read 3498 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Mojave Beaconeer's Rants, Opinions and Demands
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2022, 0421 UTC »
Wait, the Handsome Al Fansome is expired?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Don't be so sure about that, Josh.

I was on my way to visit some relatives in Damascus,MD. last week and there he was, hitching a ride. I pulled over to pick him up, he hopped in the back, he was a little ripe, but considerate as always. I said, "Al, I thought you were dead?" He replied, "I was, but after three days, it got a little boring, so I came back." I asked,"Where are you going?" He said "Fort Meade, I'm going to clue the folks at the NSA in on this resurrection stuff. There's some time and location shifting things involved I think they'll be interested in. Where are you going, Pigmeat?" "To my cousin Saul's house. He works for the IRS, and I'm always getting audited, I think I'm going to have to kick his ass." Al say's "There's no need to get rough with him. I'll pay him a visit as a ball of light and make him a offer he can't refuse". I said "That's brilliant, it will scare the bejeezus out of him!" Al said "Who do you think taught me the trick?" and we both start laughing.

About that time I notice two things, flashing lights from a cop car behind me and Al's gone. The cop say's "Buddy, you've been swerving all over the road and talking to yourself for a couple of miles, get out of the car and into mine, I want you to blow into a Breathalyzer machine." Before I can get out he notices the smell in my car and calls for back-up. Something about a real nutcase and a dead body in the trunk. I'm hoping Al didn't transport himself from the backseat to the trunk or I'm going to be in world of trouble.

A bunch of cops are around, I've been frisked and thrown into the back of another cruiser, waiting for them to pop that trunk. I get a whiff of ripe durrian and there's Al in the front seat. He goes, "Watch this." They pop the trunk and a flock of Gentoo penguins hop out  and fly off, gone in an instant.

The cops are gob-smacked at what they just saw. Al is gone in a bright flash of light. The cops walk back to the car I'm in, say, "Sir, you're free to go, no one will believe us about flying penguins." I reply "What penguins?"

Josh, the Risen Fansome walks among us. Go to CalTech and ask.

Offline Teotwaki

• DXing Phenomena
  • California
    • View Profile
    • My adventures are at Sun To The North
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2022, 0429 UTC »
Go to CalTech and ask.

Nah, that's the same place that Bob Lazar claimed to have received a non-existent degree from. All of the nutjobs claim to have a connection with CalTech.
Jim
NRD-525, Elecraft KX3 and Elecraft PX3 Spectrum Display
76' end fed long wire & 66' off-center fed dipole for 10/20/40 meters
Orange County, SoCal, The better half

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2022, 0512 UTC »
Ah, the great KMUD bust. I got a qsl from them, it had a picture of a small aluminum camping trailer w/  an antenna parked in National Forest type primitive campground with a large ,high, rocky peak in the background that could be spotted from tens of miles away. Not the brightest thing to do.

The FCC didn't need SDR's for that one. A DF heading and one of those qsl's to show a ranger would lead them to the most likely tx sites. It's the same mistake pot growers make when they take pictures of their plots to be posted on the internet and include background that has landmarks in it. LEO likes to hunt and fish and they look at the grow pics on the internet. One day Officer Bob sees a pic and says to himself, "I recognize that rock face in the background" and the game is up.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 0024 UTC by Pigmeat »

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2022, 0522 UTC »
Go to CalTech and ask.

Nah, that's the same place that Bob Lazar claimed to have received a non-existent degree from. All of the nutjobs claim to have a connection with CalTech.

Is Bob Lazar still running loose?

You can read Al/Kevin's obit in the General section of this board. CalTech, Class of '79.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2022, 1836 UTC »
Wait, the Handsome Al Fansome is expired?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Don't be so sure about that, Josh.

I was on my way to visit some relatives in Damascus,MD. last week and there he was, hitching a ride. I pulled over to pick him up, he hopped in the back, he was a little ripe, but considerate as always. I said, "Al, I thought you were dead?" He replied, "I was, but after three days, it got a little boring, so I came back." I asked,"Where are you going?" He said "Fort Meade, I'm going to clue the folks at the NSA in on this resurrection stuff. There's some time and location shifting things involved I think they'll be interested in. Where are you going, Pigmeat?" "To my cousin Saul's house. He works for the IRS, and I'm always getting audited, I think I'm going to have to kick his ass." Al say's "There's no need to get rough with him. I'll pay him a visit as a ball of light and make him a offer he can't refuse". I said "That's brilliant, it will scare the bejeezus out of him!" Al said "Who do you think taught me the trick?" and we both start laughing.

About that time I notice two things, flashing lights from a cop car behind me and Al's gone. The cop say's "Buddy, you've been swerving all over the road and talking to yourself for a couple of miles, get out of the car and into mine, I want you to blow into a Breathalyzer machine." Before I can get out he notices the smell in my car and calls for back-up. Something about a real nutcase and a dead body in the trunk. I'm hoping Al didn't transport himself from the backseat to the trunk or I'm going to be in world of trouble.

A bunch of cops are around, I've been frisked and thrown into the back of another cruiser, waiting for them to pop that trunk. I get a whiff of ripe durrian and there's Al in the front seat. He goes, "Watch this." They pop the trunk and a flock of Gentoo penguins hop out  and fly off, gone in an instant.

The cops are gob-smacked at what they just saw. Al is gone in a bright flash of light. The cops walk back to the car I'm in, say, "Sir, you're free to go, no one will believe us about flying penguins." I reply "What penguins?"

Josh, the Risen Fansome walks among us. Go to CalTech and ask.

A wonderful, if smelly, sendoff!
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Teotwaki

• DXing Phenomena
  • California
    • View Profile
    • My adventures are at Sun To The North
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2022, 2158 UTC »

Is Bob Lazar still running loose?

Yes, he's simply migrated from Art Bell to Instagram to sell his silly stories
Jim
NRD-525, Elecraft KX3 and Elecraft PX3 Spectrum Display
76' end fed long wire & 66' off-center fed dipole for 10/20/40 meters
Orange County, SoCal, The better half

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2022, 1337 UTC »
I was on my way to visit some relatives in Damascus,MD. last week and there he was, hitching a ride. I pulled over to pick him up, he hopped in the back, he was a little ripe, but considerate as always. I said, "Al, I thought you were dead?" He

I've been on the Road To Damascus (MD) many times. What a nightmare, always lots of traffic.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2022, 2326 UTC »
And a lot of stray asses. Saul is always getting tanked up and falling off his ass out there regularly.

Offline syfr

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2022, 1323 UTC »
Thanks for those Archive posts.... lots of good stuff from those days!

Steve: More like this please.
Kiwsdr x 2. TenTec Paragon/NRD535

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2022, 1845 UTC »
The Miracle of The Penguins is proof positive that Al Fansome is the Messiah of Pirate Radio. Believe in Him and you'll have eternal good DX.

Offline Dave Richards

• Oakland, CA
    • View Profile
    • Ham Radio (and occasionally Part 15) Blog
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2022, 0739 UTC »

So that's why the Marin ditter can also be heard on it's second harmonic. Not a whole lot of low pass filtering there.............  ;D
The quarter wave antenna would help a bit though.
Thanks for this piece of MB history Jim.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 0746 UTC by Dave Richards »
Oakland, CA
(SF Bay Area)