We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissable in your locale.

Author Topic: About this forum  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Radio Parade

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: About this forum
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2022, 2130 UTC »
I've just seen the new name (and subtitle) of this European forum.
So it's now clear that small SW pirate and/or private  stations are welcomed here, independently of their legal status or no status or unknown status.

But it is now written that this forum is for SW. So excluding all logs below 1800 kHz ? Mixing them with the (American) MW pirate makes no great sense. Well, I have to see if there is much in that forum...
To be continued,

Ray

Strictly speaking anything below 3 Mhz or a longer wavelength than 100m is no longer shortwave, and anything above 30 Mhz or shorter than 10 meters, is also no longer shortwave.  I have no problem with MW euro-pirate logs, if and when their reception is international and not local only. But it is true, 1600-1700 khz is no longer shortwave
Radio Parade International

Offline Radio Parade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2022, 2134 UTC »
Since the board is 'HF' Underground, its debatable whether MF stations should be included at all; However, my feelings on the forums is that the Euro pirates should have their (our) own forum. We are totally distinct from the low power licensed private stations that some countries allow.

I believe there are enough of them to have their own forum, or maybe a sub-forum under a broadcast station main forum.

Pirates should be separate though - our parlous legal state and the situation where many of us cannot or do not maintain regular schedules does, I believe, make us more sought-after for DXers. So it would be disadvantageous for readers to have to sort through a mixed legal and non-legal forum.

H.
Don't agree with anything above.

I think Harmony does have valid points, to be honest
Radio Parade International

Offline dxace1

• DX Legend
  • Potomac MD
  • PLEASE eQSL to: dxace1@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2022, 2349 UTC »
The more specific the page is the better -- I would favor a separate list for European "AM/MW" pirates.
PLEASE eQSL to:  dxace1@gmail.com
Listening to Euro and U.S. pirates via SDR and Local Rcvrs

Dan in Potomac, MD (USA): Skanti R-8001, WJ 8718A/MFP, JRC NRD-630/301A/93, NRD-545/515, Drake R8B/8, RFT EKD-515, Collins HF-2050, McKay Dymek DR33-C6, AEG 1830/3, RA-1792, Cubic 30

Offline Misti-Radio

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2022, 1925 UTC »
Good evening. It's OK for me now. :P :P

Offline texas1dxer

• Austin, Texas
  • Texas Radio Shortwave
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2022, 1614 UTC »
I've yet to see anyone state a clear, logical reason to include private European stations in this forum.

With Stiig's list, it's easy to ID the private stations.  This wasn't always the case.

A few guidelines about posting loggings in this forum are probably in order.  Something like these just for starters:

1.  Pirate stations broadcasting from a commercial or private station's transmitter (Channel 292 or Shortwave Service, for example) shouldn't be reported here.
2.  Pirate stations relayed by other pirate stations should be reported here.

We have a forum where the European low-power private and commercial stations can be reported, leaving this one for pirate stations only.
Pse eQSL to texas1dxer@gmail.com.  Thank you!

Unless otherwise noted, the receiver is my KiwiSDR colocated with W3HFU, Westminster, MD, USA.

'Home" receiver for European low-power radio stations is the SDXF KiwiSDR at Skane, Sweden, unless otherwise noted.

Offline Harmony

• NW Europe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2022, 1135 UTC »
I agree. This should be pirates only.

Small private stations can have their own.

H

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns