We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: YHWH 7475 AM 0345 UTC 8 July 2022  (Read 2198 times)

Offline Big Badfish Al

• DXing Phenomena
  • Central Pennsylvania
  • FFFR and 73's mateys
    • View Profile
    • Email
YHWH 7475 AM 0345 UTC 8 July 2022
« on: July 08, 2022, 0405 UTC »
Frequency:7475
Mode: AM
Date: 8 July 2022
Time: 0345 UTC
SINPO: 33333 in Alberta Canada SDR
Signal meter: S5+

0345 - OM rants about religion and New World Order

Thanks for the broadcast and please e-QSL to bad_fish@hotmail.com

Reciever: Degen DE-1103

PSE-QSL to big_badfish_al@proton.me Note new email address.
Listening to pirate radio since 1980 on the EAST COAST USA - located in Central PA USA
73's and FFFR 
Favorite stations of the past were WDX, KPRC, KQRP,  Radio Clandestine, Radio Newyork International, and The Electric Budda.

Offline Shortwave_Listener

• DXing Phenomena
  • British Columbia, Canada
    • View Profile
    • The Shortwave Listener
Re: YHWH 7475 AM 0345 UTC 8 July 2022
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 0540 UTC »
He is active every day at the current time. I agreed with Pigmeat that if we don't log him here he might go away. Probably not, but you never know.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 0627 UTC by Shortwave_listener »
Lucas Bandura
eQSL appreciated! lucasnerite@gmail.com
Songs are identified with Shazam if needed. I usually use KiwiSDR receivers. Reception from my QTH is using an SDRPlay RSP1A for SWL with a 40 meter band Inverted V at 40 feet. Kenwood TS-570D for ham use.
My website: https://swl7.wordpress.com/
Shortwave Radio Archive: https://www.youtube.com/@SW_Archive
https://archive.org/details/@shortwave_radio_archive

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
  • I miss "Up Against the Wall Radio"...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 1006 UTC »
Doubtful as he is logged on many DX groups so whatever you choose to do will likely have no effect.
Good luck.
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • The Shortwave Listener
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 1751 UTC »
Good point. It also doesn’t seem to have made any difference so far. I might go back to logging him.
Lucas Bandura
Songs are identified with Shazam if needed. I usually use KiwiSDR receivers. Reception from my QTH is using an SDRPlay RSP1A for SWL with a 40 meter band Inverted V at 40 feet. Kenwood TS-570D for ham use.

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2022, 1812 UTC »
I used to post all my logs of him back about 2018 (I think) on hfu and he or someone he knows (?) emailed me a few pictures of a mobile home that looked like it was in the middle of nowhere - I’ll look back at the email to verify but either the email address it came from or the subject line indicated the pics had something to do with his location.
Were they real?  I have no idea.  Did it creep me out like his closing music? Ab-so-f*-@king-lutely.
I don’t dig his rap but I am intrigued by his brazen attitude toward FCC rules/regs and the flat out bizarreness of the whole idea of a religious pirate.  And no pirate should EVER sign off with “I love you”.
Have fun,
FPE
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • The Shortwave Listener
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2022, 1828 UTC »
I agree that a religious pirate is a very strange idea. It would likely be a much better idea just to buy airtime on one of the big religious stations. I highly doubt he has any listeners who really believe him. Very interesting that he would send pictures of his broadcast location, if it was indeed him. Maybe it was his own form of a QSL? The FCC report from 2014 states he was broadcasting from near Inyokern, California. He might have moved since then but he seems to at least still be in California. Let me know when you see what the subject line or email address was. I am amazed that after already being busted once that he hasn’t been busted again. His content is so ridiculous that I don’t think I could be the only one that is annoyed by it. I can’t believe nobody has reported him again because of it. Since he has already been warned if he gets caught again he will probably get a fine.
Lucas Bandura

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2022, 2237 UTC »
According to posts in an email group I am in, he now is giving a mailing address for people to contact him - and apparently he will reply.
The address has been heard twice:

Marty Elliott  Box 134  Olancha CA  93549

Josiah Elias c/o PO Box 134 Olancha, CA 93549

This info is from a DX email group I’m in and isn’t noted as confidential so if this is inappropriate then I’m ok if an admin type here wants to edit this.

Offline Charlie_Dont_Surf

• Charlie's Point, California
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2022, 2242 UTC »
I am amazed that after already being busted once that he hasn’t been busted again.

They have bigger fish to fry (MW and FM pirates in the large cities) and plenty of other things to do with mobile vans than to be poised and ready to find and give the knock to HF pirates who are only transmitting for 45 minutes at a time and on an irregular schedule.

FCC enforcement is not what it used to be in "the bad old days" (1970s-90s). As proof, I submit the stories of some of the "hams behaving badly" (e.g. W6WBJ, "the World's Best Jammer", some of the activity on 7200 KHz in the east, and so on) whose sagas go on for years and years but also stations like Ball Smacker, who advertise ahead of time when they will be on and keep to a regular schedule - making them completely predictable - and have been doing this for quite some time. In the olden days, even without someone making a complaint, I suspect that many of the low-hanging fruit would have been found and given a warning long ago. These days, it just doesn't seem to have the same priority.
I don't STRETCH the truth.

"Every minute I spend in this room, my signal gets weaker.
Every minute Charlie squats in the bush, his signal gets stronger."

Offline Treehouse SWL

• DX Legend
  • Lake Stevens, Washington
    • View Profile
    • personal website
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2022, 2312 UTC »
According to posts in an email group I am in, he now is giving a mailing address for people to contact him - and apparently he will reply.
The address has been heard twice:

Marty Elliott  Box 134  Olancha CA  93549

Josiah Elias c/o PO Box 134 Olancha, CA 93549

This info is from a DX email group I’m in and isn’t noted as confidential so if this is inappropriate then I’m ok if an admin type here wants to edit this.

Glenn Hauser recently read that address on his "World of Radio" show, so it should be OK to share it. I've been logging my reception of YHWH several times a week lately on the WOR boards; Josiah's been much more regular about broadcasting in recent months than he used to be.
Eric Fetters-Walp / eQSL to fettwalp@outlook.com

Radios: Eton Elite Field, Sihuadon R-108, Eton Grundig Edition Satellit
Antennas: 60-foot-long end-fed wire, MLA-30+ loop

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2022, 2019 UTC »
It seems to me he used to refer to himself as "Brother Josiah" in his earlier days?

Buying time can get expensive for a religious broadcaster if you don't have followers to pony up the money for air time. Even Brother Stair had a cult.

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2022, 2116 UTC »
Pigmeat you may be right about his past moniker - I didn’t log him until fall of 2016 and yes it takes money to buy whiskey, as they say.
FPE

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2022, 2201 UTC »
The story I heard was that he was based right outside one of those huge military bases in the Mojave and got noticed very quickly for that reason, leading to a rare FCC bust of an HF pirate. He apparently did buy some time on WBCQ after that but it was very short lived, just one or two transmissions. After a while he was back on the unlicensed airwaves but apparently without molestation by the FCC. Not sure if it's still there or not, but I found "Days of Hard Life" uploaded to youtube taken from a recording of that one time he was on WBCQ. You know, if you want to download the audio for your mp3 player. Which I guess is your phone these days.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2022, 2219 UTC »
There is something about that song (Days of Hard Life) that gives me the willies….

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • The Shortwave Listener
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2022, 2226 UTC »
Here is a link to that YouTube video of Days of Hard Life so you can “enjoy” it in all its weirdness

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru9hkV7MMWo&feature=emb_title
Lucas Bandura

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2022, 2229 UTC »
Here’s the pic I received along with another a few years back.
Looks like a desolate place.  I haven’t found the original email but I recall it referring to YHWHs QTH.  He must’ve been seeing my logs of him on hfu and emailed me - or someone did….

Hmm I guess I don’t know how to paste a pic - using an iPad and tried copying pic but can’t paste it here.  Help?