We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: NEW PROGRAM ON 5130 ABOUT HOBBY (PIRATE) RADIO  (Read 620 times)

Offline FTIOM01

• View Profile
NEW PROGRAM ON 5130 ABOUT HOBBY (PIRATE) RADIO
« on: November 17, 2022, 1152 UTC »
Andrew Yoder's new monthly about Hobby Radio premiers:

NEW PROGRAM:
Radio Angela  WBCQ 5130 kHz November 18,  0300-0510 UTC
(November 17,  10pm-12:10 EST in the Americas)
0300-0330 UTC:  Heart of Fiction, David Pakula's continuing read of the Mark Twain Classic "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn"
0330-0400 UTC:  The Plain Old Doug Show (vintage music) and Line Break (poetry)
NEW 0400 UTC:   Hobby Radio Broadcasting, a new monthly by Andrew Yoder, a respected authority on hobby radio.
0500 UTC:  Radio Angela After Midnight

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: NEW PROGRAM ON 5130 ABOUT HOBBY (PIRATE) RADIO
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 0220 UTC »
Cool. Hope he gets another pirate radio annual published... guess they can't be called "annual" anymore. (No slight against Andrew as I'm sure it's a lot of work and money on his part, and I hope he's not sitting on boxes of unsold back volumes thinking it's not something he can do anymore.)
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 1607 UTC »
I've got a bunch of Andy's old "Hobby Broadcasting Magazines" from the turn of the century, including a few with "Radio Al Fansome" QSL's featuring Al's trailer and Capt. Ron's cardboard box underneath. No phony baloney QSL's for our Amish admirers.

Offline FTIOM01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 0039 UTC »
Give Andrew the credit due here - the number of people both able and willing to go on air and treat the subject in a serious (but fun) way is miniscule.
While you are at it, give Allan some credit for providing the time and space for this to happen.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 0230 UTC »
Ask Andy about Dr. Hotdog and be prepared for a year's worth of shows. Ask him if Shaquille O'Neil ever got by with walking, and be prepared for a lifetime of shows.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 1854 UTC »
Never, and I mean never, ask him how the Amish make their money. It's not from floppy hat's and hay. Let Andy do the talking and don't startle him.