We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Channel Eastern Star/Radio Vostochnaya Zvezda 6200 AM 0846 UTC 3 AUG 2023  (Read 242 times)

Offline Ron - Calif.

• View Profile
NORTH AMERICA. 6200 AM, Russian ethnic pirate Radio Channel Eastern Star/Radio Vostochnaya Zvezda,
0846-0935 UT, Aug 3; clear boost in power; mostly Russian ballads, with announcers in Russian and English
("Next song is . . . Thank you"; I check here regularly and had not detected any signal recently. Nice to have
stronger signal, but unfortunately today I also noticed extremely strong summertime QRN (static). In fact the
worst I have heard all this year, but the signal was cutting through the static fairly well, per my brief audio at
https://app.box.com/s/hha6wy91yxbhkoj22jserzdw2xqdpb08 .
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 1951 UTC by Skipmuck »

Offline Ron - Calif.

• View Profile
- - - Thanks very much for the quick (1915 UT Aug 3) reply to my report:

"Thank you so much for listening!
Yes looks like a strong signal. I can't wait to see what it will be like in the winter.
I have made a small adjustment and the power output will be even higher tonight [Aug 4 UT]. Running class E, about 70 watts carrier
can go up to 100 watts carrier 400 PEP but the modulator cannot handle it. It is already hot hot, however the output final is only warm
to the touch. I added cooling to it and it is doing very well. The new board from China I designed on JLCPCB has come as you can tell,
hence the stronger signal :)
Everything is going hand in hand with my math now. It looks like there is only some little error due to changes in temperature
and so on, that is perfect for this purpose though.

I am running more power than I have ever before on shortwave. Even when I had the Ameritron.

keep your eyes peeled, I might be doing some SSTV soon. That will be when I have a very strong signal.

I will be adding a handful of new songs soon too. Also that name change is still coming up.

Best regards and good luck dxing!"

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns