We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Jay reviews the updated XHDATA D-109WB!  (Read 1020 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Recently, a co-worker quizzed me on, "What would happen if you were to apply reverse polarity to the Energizer Bunny?". Having no idea, I asked, "What would happen?". The answer is he'd keep coming and coming and coming...

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
  • I miss "Up Against the Wall Radio"...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Radio Jay reviews the updated XHDATA D-109WB!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2023, 2207 UTC »
I bought a D-808 a few years ago and I can attest that on MW it is as good or better than every desktop receiver that I own.  Not sure about this new version but they got it right for the 808 (which if my memory is correct I purchased from a site in China and the radio was shipped to me from Israel).  The only thing that I don’t like is that the radio can’t use regular alkaline batteries - just a rechargeable lithium ion type.
FPE
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns