We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Ozy Radio (Tent). 4835 AM 1111 UTC 24 Nov 2023  (Read 264 times)

Offline TRI International

• DXing Phenomena
  • U.S.A
    • View Profile
Ozy Radio (Tent). 4835 AM 1111 UTC 24 Nov 2023
« on: November 24, 2023, 1116 UTC »
1111 UTC song "Annual rings". (cant find anything listed on this frequency in recent times).
1115 UTC song "Subterranean hearts".
1118 UTC song "All you're dreaming of".
1122 UTC song shazam can't id. No talking or id's to this point.
1124 - 1130 UTC song "I saw you. Yl speaking can't make out do to noise. Back id previous song and more.

S 3 to 4 with moderate noise and fading via Marahau, Tasman District, New Zealand web sdr.
Audio 1: https://voca.ro/1b72WTKuDfkW
Audio 2: https://voca.ro/1a7zKrTcCrZE talking and possible id here.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 1131 UTC by TRI International »
We need another card to shut out the draught HW ABT URS?
Use Shazam app. to ID songs, listening direct Airspray RTL SDR , Ham It UP Plus connected to 2 V shape long wires  40ft. high with a MFJ 941C Antenna tuner
QSL to trlinternational@yahoo.com or  trlinternational@protonmail.com

Offline Ron - Calif.

• View Profile
Re: Ozy Radio (Tent). 4835 AM 1111 UTC 24 Nov 2023
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 1934 UTC »

Many years ago, Ozy Radio, was indeed on 4835 kHz., but Craig Allen, the owner and operator of the station, has been
dead for many years now; died March 28, 2019. With his demise, his station went silent.

Currently "Shortwave Australia" is on 4835 & 2310 kHz. I have also had the pleasure of hearing this low powered station
and received the following reply from Dave Stuart, operator of "Shortwave Australia":

"Thanks for the report. When the ABC ran the station they had 50kw and I run 200w so no wonder you find it hard to hear.
It covers the south eastern part of Australia ok. Apart from any live input  I run an identification announcement every 10
mins [which I never was able to hear - Ron] that should override the program material, At the moment the indents are
computer generated and of female voices from the Windows 10 read aloud library, I have them reading in various English
accents to make it more interesting so if you record more than 10 mins you should get one. I was in Hawaii in 2016 and
heard the ABC on 4835 booming in and 2310 was ok as well. I have seen a trace of my signals on US sdr's but too weak
to hear. What would be the best time for you to listen, last night I went off about 1am our time [1500 UT - Ron]. For the
last hour or so was playing a dream time program with relaxing electronic music and did make an announcement when
I closed. The content of the automatic announcements at the moment is: "This is Shortwave Australia broadcasting to
the inland and the islands on 4835 kilocycles day time and evening as well as  2310 kilocycles night time" or words to
that effect. Let me know of any more results."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-0uag9qdhs contains a great video from "Shortwave Australia."

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns