We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: The Teamspeak Server Is Back!  (Read 12896 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
The Teamspeak Server Is Back!
« on: February 09, 2018, 2244 UTC »
The HFUnderground once again has a Teamspeak 3 server. This can be used to share and listen to streaming audio. Hearing something interesting on the radio? Share it with other listeners!

Here is what you need to do:

1. Download the free client: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
1. You need to use an older client, the current version will not connect to it. I don't have the time right now to mess around with updating the server. You can download older clients here, I just installed 3.1.8 on my PC and it connects fine:  http://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts3/releases/
2. Connect to the server. The address is hfunderpants.com and the password is the most popular pirate frequency in North America, entered as just four digits. You know, the one beginning with a 6 and ending with a 5  ;D
3. Please be sure to MUTE your audio all the time, unless you are actively streaming a radio station, otherwise you will inadvertently send audio to the server for others to hear. Possibly audio from your microphone that you don't want to share with the world.

You do NOT need to create an account. You should enter a nickname when you connect to the server.

Feel free to create your own channel(s) by right clicking on HFU Teamspeak Server and select Create Channel.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 1928 UTC by ChrisSmolinski »
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: The Teamspeak Server Is Back!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 1510 UTC »
A note that the Teamspeak server is still running, but you need to use an older client, the current version will not connect to it. I don't have the time right now to mess around with updating the server.

You can download older clients here, I just installed 3.1.8 on my PC and it connects fine:  http://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts3/releases/
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree