We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 462.575MHz+/R GMRS Repeater finally ID'ed. Will try and work it. And, did!  (Read 344 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Keeping one of those Midland FRS / GMRS bubble-pack HT's as a continuous scanner, I was hearing a fast ID on CH16, or 462.575MHz GMRS FREQ. This super cold-snap really must have brought foliage absorption to nil, since I hear the WRDM641+/R, Eastside System 641, GMRS repeater. I got more INFO by logging back on to MY-GMRS page at   https://www.mygmrs.com/   I've sent a repeater-access request, and we'll see if I get one. I've also sent INFO on my GMRS machine to them as well. So, neat catch, from my worst RF direction at +20 miles away. NEAT!!!!
UPDATE 12/5/2023 : I've got permission to access that GMRS repeater, and plan to hit that after work, tonight. I've had to reprogram a commercial Icom IC-F6160 UHF rig, and tested the match on a Laird 1/2-wave UHF MAG Mount. Should be neat!
UPDATE 12/8/2023 : Did it!!! I actually tripped the GMRS repeater from the work QTH, then drove closer to it, where I caught-up with the owner, Charles, still at his work place, but with an HT. I pulled-in a parking lot to be between him, and his operating-at-his-home GMRS repeater, just 20ft AGL. So, did Simplex and through his repeater. Unfortunately, the weather really sucked, and a hard rain came down. Charles, had to catch a bus, and I wanted to get back home at stupid o'clock. Still, neat to QSO on a GMRS repeater for the 1st time since 2010.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 2046 UTC by ThaDood »
Recently, a co-worker quizzed me on, "What would happen if you were to apply reverse polarity to the Energizer Bunny?". Having no idea, I asked, "What would happen?". The answer is he'd keep coming and coming and coming...