We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Crypto Transmission from KPH!  (Read 582 times)

Online europirate

• DX Legend
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • Email
Crypto Transmission from KPH!
« on: January 07, 2024, 1134 UTC »
Just seen this on another forum:

https://www.radiomarine.org/mrhs-events

On January 20 2024, KPH will transmit a coded message consisting of 5-digit groups. The message will be encrypted using typical Cold War numbers station cryptographic procedures. All KPH listeners are invited to try their hand at receiving and decrypting the message.  Certificates will be awarded to those who successful decode the message.  Additionally, a special certificate will be awarded to the first person to decode it.

Sounds like fun!
JRC NRD-515 & NRD-545
SDRplay RSPdx
Various wire antennas ... Global AT-1000 ATU
Shazam is the DXer's friend!

Online autovon

• View Profile
Re: Crypto Transmission from KPH!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 0149 UTC »
Looks neat!  Not sure if I’m smart enough to crack the code, but will try to tune in to the broadcast.
Default RX location is Wisconsin using various wire antennas. Other RX will be noted.

Offline kris

• Marconi Class DXer
  • N.Poland
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Crypto Transmission from KPH!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 1934 UTC »
      Cool interesting event! I did not find any information about the results, although it was possible to write 72 hours after the broadcast.
If anyone finds out about the competition being repeated, please let me know on HFU!

- Unfortunately, I was in hospital at the time.
RX888 ( SDR-FE-PLAY, HRD-747, Sony XDR-F1HD),
Ant. Sky Loop 180m 15m AGL, Sky Loop 120m 35m AGL
       + QRM X-phase eliminator
QTH:  N Poland  Ru/Sp/Gr/Sb=Russian,Spanish,Greek,Serbien
eQSL appreciated to: 13krzycho@gmail.com