We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: GLP= Gullible Listening People  (Read 1158 times)

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
GLP= Gullible Listening People
« on: September 01, 2013, 1628 UTC »
I sometimes hang out on the Twente sdr while I'm at work & chat w/ whoever is there. Lately it has been over run with 4 chan & GLP  people who think they are gleaning some sort of info from eams on 8992 & 11175. Last week I posted,as a joke, that the last eam translated into "hey guys we're ordering a pizza, are you in?". Two days later,curiosity getting the best of me, I looked at the glp site to see what these loonies were discussing about EAMS & some sort of imminent attack in Syria & I found my pizza joke being stated as fact! I'm ...it..I just...I'm speechless.
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Re: GLP= Gullible Listening People
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 1653 UTC »
That is way too funny.

Minneapolis, MN

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 1745 UTC »
The GLP people go bananas every time there's a bump or glitch from a sensor on my radiation map site http://www.blackcatsystems.com/RadMap/

And of course when I explain it was a glitch, they claim I'm part of the conspiracy.  Fine. But where's my check from Karl Rove? I could buy some more SDRs with it.

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 2106 UTC »
Closest station to me near Milwaukee and its currently reading 13. In looking at its history, Fri afternoon it went up to 21! That's nearly 2x as much.

That completely explains why I was unproductive at work and why a lot of people were gone. Apparently, I could sense this anomoly subconsciously and consumed a bunch of vodka when I got home to prevent radiation poisoning. Now will have more today to make sure I'm fully protected.

Na zdrowie!
Minneapolis, MN