We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: RU Air Kontrol 129.549 MHz AM at noon 17 JAN 2024  (Read 543 times)

Offline kris

• Marconi Class DXer
  • N.Poland
    • View Profile
    • Email
RU Air Kontrol 129.549 MHz AM at noon 17 JAN 2024
« on: January 17, 2024, 2344 UTC »
   Today at noon, for about half an hour, correspondence between the Russian air station ID "Kontrol"
and one of its aircraft was conducted on this channel. The signal was so strong that it distorted my receiver and I had to turn on the attenuator. I didn't understand whether it was a plane or a helicopter and I didn't receive it on this channel. The flight had to take place near the Polish border with the Kaliningrad district (currently called Królewiec in Poland).
   After noon, Polish media reported that an operation was being carried out on the Vistula Lagoon, right next to the border with Russia, to rescue four fishermen who were drifting on an ice floe.
 Weather conditions did not allow Polish Rescue to use a hovercraft, so a rescue helicopter took off to pick up the fishermen from the ice.
  The Russian sea rescue station in Königsberg was informed about the action.
It follows that the Russians sent their helicopter to the border region and I heard the correspondence of their station directing the operation.
   Last summer, I only once heard VHF communications from a Russian patrol plane. It was not a civilian plane.
     - In Poland, rescue operations on land are carried out by the Fire Department.
 They also participated in this action, but they communicate only on VHF.
 For this reason, I did not check the activity of the SPL Maritime Rescue Center in Gdynia on HF.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 0008 UTC by kris »
RX888 ( SDR-FE-PLAY, HRD-747, Sony XDR-F1HD),
Ant. 25m L type (at home Sky Loop 180m 15m AGL, Sky Loop 120m 35m AGL)
       + QRM X-phase eliminator
QTH:  NE Poland on long weekend Ru/Sp/Gr/Sb=Russian,Spanish,Greek,Serbien
eQSL appreciated to: 13krzycho@gmail.com

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns