We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: A couple of suggestions for improving Carrier Sleuth  (Read 145 times)

Offline lincdeckard

• View Profile
    • Email
A couple of suggestions for improving Carrier Sleuth
« on: April 24, 2024, 1549 UTC »
Hi all,

Carrier Sleuth became my go-to tool for carrier detection and analysis. Great piece of software and my humble bow to Black Cat Systems.

Here's a couple of suggestions for improving the software:

- Direct frequency / channel input on the FFT window - allowing to choose a specific frequency instead of having to scroll down through the list of channels.
- Default Palette saving - allowing to save a user palette as default so it's used in every launched instance of CS.
- Configuration saving on exit - allowing to save the slider position, window positions and palette used so you don't need setup every instance.
- Markers / Comment boxes - allowing to insert notes directly on the FFT image so you're able to export the window capture with embedded notes.
- Timestamp font properties.

These were just some of the main things I ran across while trying to compare captures from multiple days side-by-side with multiple instances of CS.

Thank you for your time,

Carlos CT7AUS