We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: KMAX IFB 26110 FM 1553 15 April 2024  (Read 128 times)

Offline ButchKidd

• Southeastern US
    • View Profile
KMAX IFB 26110 FM 1553 15 April 2024
« on: April 24, 2024, 2155 UTC »
The KVOR/KMAX studio IFB was back again today, and this time I was able to get a recording of it.

My reception was pretty poor when I first came across it, but by the time I got the recording set up a few minutes before 1600 UTC, it had gotten somewhat better, but was still fading in and out.

1553 Sounds like local news with anchors reading email from viewers
1555 Propagation must have improved.  S6 signal strength with anchors discussing WNBA player Caitlin Clark signing a $28 million dollar multi-year contract.
1556 Outro music into a commercial break, then silence.  Carrier dropped after about 20 seconds with no modulation.

1600 Transmission resumes with music playing along with a SNL-style "Live from Northern California, this is Good Day" and news coverage of an assault on a college campus
1607 A reporter is remote at a high school event when the signal fades completely out, then back in before they go to a break with the theme from "Speed Racer".  Quiet for about 20 seconds, then the carrier drops gain.

I haven't figured out how to embed a YouTube video, so here's the link to it.
https://youtu.be/R-H9pF9PPjI
eQSL appreciated at x100rocks@gmail.com
Airspy HF+ Discovery, Yaesu FT-857D and FT-450D, Whistler TRX2
130 ft OCF, 130 ft inverted L, 11m ground plane