We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Vanuatu[non-log] & recorded ID for "Programa Satu, Radio Republik Indonesi  (Read 224 times)

Offline Ron - Calif.

• View Profile

INDONESIA. 7289.93, RRI Nabire Pro 1, tuned in at 0803 UT to find a carrier here, faded up to fair,
cutting through the QRN/static, by the time I tuned out at 0940, on May 27. Some highlights:

0815-0851: EZL songs and today more frequently heard announcers than usual. 

0851-0901: The very distinctive segment with Islamic Shalawat Tarhim prayer, followed by the Maghrib
(sunset) call-to-prayer; mostly fair.

0901-0927: Non-stop EZL songs, but now with no announcers at all.

0929: The often heard EZL instrumental intro theme music just before announcer; ID "Programa Satu,
Radio Republik Indonesia Nabire"
and back to EZL songs. My four minute audio -
https://app.box.com/s/hoccipbegzdkxef1oe2mhu3tihbu6b25 (very pleased to catch two clear ID's at 0:38
and again at 1:29 on my audio).

VANUATU[non-log]. R. Vanuatu, random checking from 0755 to 0940 UT, on May 27. Not heard on
2485, 3945, 5040, 7260 nor 9960.

Ron
Asilomar State Beach, Calif. (near Monterey)
CommRadio CR-1, external antenna: 30m long wire 

Offline Paul B. Walker, Jr.

• McGrath, Alaska, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
No RV Heard here on 7260 either May 27th, was heard the 2 days prioir
Paul B. Walker, Jr.
paul@alaskaradionerd.com

Program Director: KSKO 89.5 McGrath, Alaska www.kskopublicradio.com

Afternoon Air Talent: Hits 106 KLMI Laramie, WY 3 to 7pm Mon-Sat www.myhits106.com

Available for voiceover work, use the email listed above!

Offline Ron - Calif.

• View Profile
Greetings, Paul, from California. Radio Vanuatu was fairly well heard yesterday (May 26). Ron

VANUATU. 7260, R. Vanuatu, 0625-0725 UT, May 26. Fair reception and mostly readable. My three minute
audio of various segments - https://app.box.com/s/j9x3zt98sez8agff4hxmk7d8mgaundu2 .

My favorite RV promo, which I first heard back on Feb 7, 2012: “Hello. I am Captain Jesse Wilson, the Mission
Commander for Pacific Partnership 2,011 and when I'm in Vanuatu, I listen to Radio Vanuatu”
( https://www.defense.gov/Multimedia/Photos/igphoto/2001164101/ ); a job offer by "Vanuatu Broadcasting and
Television Corporation" for a Human Resource Officer; RV ID and "frequency 3-9-4-5 kilohertz shortwave, 11-25
kilohertz medium wave, 100 megahertz on FM"; news item about the Vanuatu students who landed at Port Vila
International Airport at 10 o'clock in the morning last week, after their flight from New Caledonia, where that
country is experiencing a great deal of unrest.

Ron
Asilomar State Beach, Calif. (near Monterey)
CommRadio CR-1, external antenna: 100 ft. long wire