We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 6885 AM Unidentified 00:12 Tuesday 10-29  (Read 1537 times)

Offline RickF

• View Profile
6885 AM Unidentified 00:12 Tuesday 10-29
« on: October 29, 2013, 1432 UTC »
Morning All; was wondering if anyone could ID this broadcast station logged last night?  6885 AM 00.12 hours 10-29 (Tuesday).  Station ID about 1 minute into clip, female op, language unknown.  Thinking this may be   Israel Armed Forces Radio. Thanks Rick

https://soundcloud.com/rickf-2

Offline Rockpicker

• Middle of No Where Montana
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 6885 AM Unidentified 00:12 Tuesday 10-29
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 1444 UTC »
To weak here to copy this morning - just a bit of music every now and then.
But I have Logged Israel here several times in the past. - Not to shabby for 5 kw
Central Montana
Winradio G31DDC Excalibur, YB 400PE,  Satellit 750
RF Systems MLBA with 85' of copper flex weave

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 1447 UTC »
Yes, this is almost certainly Israel. A regular here.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline RickF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 1206 UTC »
I could never ID language, however some folks over on the RR Board disagree on the signal ID as possible IDF Radio.  Here is one response:

I've heard that interval signal before, the flute that plays at 1 minute in. Lemme see if I can nail it down. Interval Signals Online

It's similar to this one, kind of an old world flute tune. http://www.intervalsignals.net/files...ian_140105.m3u

Edit: GOT IT! It's Greece: http://www.intervalsignals.net/files...msw_110306.m3u

Go to Greece on the Intervals web page and play: "ERA Radio Station Macedonia - Shortwave Service,Sign-on: IS/"Ode to Freedom" NA/ID (Greek), External"

Compare that tune to the one on the recording starting at 0:58

The interval signal played by the 'unknown' station matches that of the Greece shortwave network. THat's the programming that the unknown is transmitting. Where is the transmitter? We may never know for sure. Find someone who knows the Greek language and you may get your answer. :^)

Nice catch and nice recording! I just downloaded the latest NASWA spread sheet and Greece is not listed for that frequency nor can I find them on that freq. via Google.