We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WEAK and Wolverine Walk On Gilded Splinters  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
WEAK and Wolverine Walk On Gilded Splinters
« on: September 27, 2009, 0754 UTC »
Unusual to hear this Dr. John classic at all, let alone twice in the same day on pirate radio.  Both WEAK Radio and Wolverine Radio played different versions of "I Walk On Gilded Splinters".

WEAK Radio, 9/26/09, 6925 USB
2200z-2300 UTC: Mix of rock music including Jethro Tull "Aqualung", Led Zep "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You", Cornelius Bros & Sister Rose "Too Late to Turn Back Now", David Bowie "Golden Years", Dr. John "Right Place, Wrong Time", others
2206z: WEAK Radio ID
2223z: "W-E-A-K, WEAK Radio" ID w/ DJ Knobtwister w/ echo fx.
2250z: WEAK ID
2251z: Dr. John original version of "I Walk on Guilded Splinters".
2258z: WEAK ID and Melanie "Brand New Key"
2301z: Multiple WEAK Radio ID's, then off

10 minute, 2.4 MB mp3 for Dr. John and Melanie songs, with ID's: http://www.mediafire.com/?injmnhzxohm

Wolverine Radio, 9/27/09, 6925 USB
0120z: "Testing 1-2-3" intro from Barenaked Ladies, followed by some dead air
0122z: "I Walk on Gilded Splinters", sounds like Allman Brothers live version (must be my lucky day)
0127z: Wolverine Radio ID
0128z: Freeform monologue about masturbation, hamster balls and, well, life, the universe and everything.
0134z: Young lady with beat poetry-style rap, voice and style reminds me of something Wolverine Radio played a year or so ago.  Might be riffing on material taken from internet posts, possibly on blahblah.com.
0157z: Wolverine Radio ID w/ echo fx

Signal started out really well, unfortunately faded to barely audible by around 0140z during the monologues.

10 minute mp3 for "I Walk on Gilded Splinters" and first minute of monologue: http://www.mediafire.com/?q22wyi1zh4m
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 0832 UTC by Lex »
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)