We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Iran English service (voice of justice?) 9710 //11770 KHz 3:35 utc 2/25/14  (Read 1619 times)

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
I never actually heard them ID as "Voice of Justice" & missed the sign on & sign off. In the past they often ID as such during the program. The programming is definitely the same with an interview with a guy from New York (they like to get Americans to trash talk the US on VOJ) about a recent district court decision pertaining to Muslims in "New Ark" , New Jersey. The guy they were interviewing referred to the US as a "constitutional dictatorship" with "...all these rights they ain't gonna let you use" He obviously missed the irony of that statement coming from a muslim , speaking to an Iranian journalist (freedom of speech, assembly , & religion among others). He repeatedly referred to the US as being run by a small group of zionists to the delight of the Iranian interviewer. Another part of the program seemed to be lifted from "Democracy Now" on Pacifica. I listened for about 1/2 an hour & never heard them call themselves Voice of Justice though. The 31 meter band frequency was quite strong on my barefoot PL660 & the 25 meter freq was good but a little weak & fading.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 1428 UTC by glimmer twin »
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room

Offline sat_dxer

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
Active on 9710kHz (S-7) into North America from 0330z 8Jan 2015 in English w/ select readings of the Quran, gone at 0420z
Most times & frequencies posted are only an approximation.
Wishing the 1980's PopComm was still around.