We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Mistletoe eQSL  (Read 2263 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Radio Mistletoe eQSL
« on: May 11, 2014, 1539 UTC »
Thanks Kris Kringle!

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Marcel

• Northeast France
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Radio Mistletoe eQSL
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 0836 UTC »
Hello Chris,

Wunderfull QSL, bravo, Kris von Mistletoe have no ansver to my for my reports I no unterstand  ??? ???

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 2151 UTC »
When I saw Chris Smolenski's posting of the Radio Mistletoe QSL from a reception on Christmas Eve, I thought that maybe my report on the 26th would also be answered too. Sure enough today I received QSL #033 for my report along with a nice letter from Kris Kringle! Thanks Mr. Kringle! You have always been a favorite of mine since I was a little kid! I don't usually post the details of the letters to any great degree, but this one is great! As follows-------------------------------------------
Has it been that long since Christmas?  We're deeply sorry and apologize for not replying sooner.  Because of global climate change, the landing strip for the sleigh had melted and we got stranded on Svalbard.  It wasn't until just a few days ago that a Norwegian fishing trawler was able to get us back to the North Pole.

Attached you'll find a QSL card confirming your reception.  We hope you like it and find its way into your collection.

This Christmas has been an unusual one here at Radio Mistletoe.  Our Program Director decided to try a contest during this years show in which the first letter in the titles of several songs spelled out the answer to the contest.  The listeners who got the correct answer would receive QSLs.  "Happy Christmas (War is Over)" was one of the songs, but was erroneously titled "So This is Christmas" in the record archive, according to the PD.  So we decided it was only fair to send QSLs to everyone who sent in correct reports.  Also, we found out that there was a bogus (fake) Radio Mistletoe in one of the chat rooms during Christmas.  This was very disheartening to us to know that there are unscrupulous people out there eager to mislead others during the most joyous time of the year.

Now that the Christmas holiday season has long since passed, we're glad to say that our broadcast has been another successful one.  We couldn't have done it without the hard work and dedication of everyone here at the station.  And we thank you, the listener, for tuning in and writing.  A special thanks to those who were kind enough to send us pictures, postcards, and moreso the recordings of your reception.  Its nice to see who is listening and how well you receive us.

As of now, we're planning on going on the air again this coming Christmas if all goes well.  Mark it on your calendar.

Again, thanks for writing.

Until next Christmas....

(P.S.  Thanks for the very nice report Chris.  We are not a European Pirate station.  Our transmitters and studio are located at the North Pole. )

Kris Kringle
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Evil Elvis

• Disgraceland
  • On the banks of the mighty Wolf River
    • View Profile
    • SWLDX.US
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 1924 UTC »

Thank you, thank you very much.

EE
Evil Elvis, western Tennessee east of Memphrica
Icom IC-705, IC-7200, IC-7300, IC-7610, IC-9700
WinRadio G33DDC, Perseus, RFSpace NetSDR, SDR-IQ, SDR-14, Kiwi, 4x Airspy HF+ Discovery, ELAD FDM-S2
Wellbrook ALA100LN, ALA1530LNP Imperium, Bushcomm BBA-1KD

Old School: No remote SDRs, all my receivers, my tenners.