We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Blues legend Johnny Winter dies at 70 in Zurich  (Read 1564 times)

Fansome

Blues legend Johnny Winter dies at 70 in Zurich
« on: July 17, 2014, 1150 UTC »

Blues legend Johnny Winter dies at 70 in Zurich

Published Thursday, July 17, 2014 | 4:08 a.m.

Updated 39 minutes ago

GENEVA (AP) — Texas blues icon Johnny Winter, who rose to fame in the late 1960s and '70s with his energetic performances and recordings that included producing his childhood hero Muddy Waters, has died. He was 70.

His representative, Carla Parisi, confirmed Thursday that Winter died in a hotel room in Zurich a day earlier. The statement said his wife, family and bandmates were all saddened by the loss of one of the world's finest guitarists.

He had been on an extensive tour this year that brought him to Europe for his last performance Saturday at the Lovely Days Festival in Wiesen, Austria.

Nella F.

Re: Blues legend Johnny Winter dies at 70 in Zurich
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 0026 UTC »
                                               8)       "Johnny Winter And: Live".          8)
                                    Wore out several vinyl copies. Helped me keep the peace!

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
Re: Blues legend Johnny Winter dies at 70 in Zurich
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 1316 UTC »
                                               8)       "Johnny Winter And: Live".          8)
                                    Wore out several vinyl copies. Helped me keep the peace!
Absolutely Nella!  One of his best, with Rick Derringer and Randy Jo Hobbs.  Another one of my heroes takes his leave... RIP Johnny...
Hailing from the upstate boondocks region of the progressive paradise which once was New York State