We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: SIGN THIS PETITON. For? LPAM X- band radio service  (Read 1057 times)

Offline atrainradio

• Pronouns AM/FM
    • View Profile
SIGN THIS PETITON. For? LPAM X- band radio service
« on: June 20, 2014, 1515 UTC »
Read it all first, then if you feel you agree with its proposal, please support my radio friends movement!
https://www.change.org/petitions/william-t-lake-create-a-low-power-am-radio-service-in-the-expanded-am-band-1610-1700-khz#share
KD2VEG
QTH, Queens
Tecsun PL-990 w/ outdoor FM omni and 40m dipole, RTL-SDR, Grundig Sat 750

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: SIGN THIS PETITON. For? LPAM X- band radio service
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 2307 UTC »
I like the idea, and bonus points for promoting c-quam, but a lot of uncertainty remains...

-How is EAS/CAP liability going to be handled?  Even LPFM groups are required to have a compliant decoder.
-What sort of limitations on antenna efficiency will be required?
-What sort of limitation/requirements on indicating instruments will be specified?
-Will only type accepted transmitters be permitted?  Will home built transmitters and antennas be allowed?
-Like noncom outlets, will stations be allowed to operate less than full time?

I've dealt with FCC rules and regs in the commercial world for decades, and I know how slow the fed moves.  I really don't think this has a snowball's chance of going anywhere, but I'd be glad to sign.

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline atrainradio

• Pronouns AM/FM
    • View Profile
Re: SIGN THIS PETITON. For? LPAM X- band radio service
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 1524 UTC »
I hope it has a little effect, but hey it's not my petition. I'm just advertising it.
KD2VEG
QTH, Queens
Tecsun PL-990 w/ outdoor FM omni and 40m dipole, RTL-SDR, Grundig Sat 750