We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: HELP NEEDED PLEASE!  (Read 2260 times)

Offline VK3BVW

• Mount Evelyn, Victoria, Australia
    • View Profile
    • The Mount Evelyn DX Report
HELP NEEDED PLEASE!
« on: July 17, 2014, 1130 UTC »
6185   UNIDENTIFIED. Spanish speaker at 1100 with possibly news then into music (distinctly Mexican in style) at 1115. More talk at 1118. Is this XEPPM R. Educacion at an unscheduled time (usual s/off 0500 approx.) or something else?  Weak under China Huayi and faded by 1145. Also monitored on the Lexington Kentucky remote receiver where the signal was a tiny bit stronger (and in the clear with no Chinese QRM).

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Rob VK3BVW
Rob Wagner VK3BVW
www.medxr.blogspot.com
Yaesu FTDX3000, Kenwood TS2000, Yaesu FRG100, horizontal loop,dipoles for 80, 40 & 20m, Par EF-SWL Antenna,
BHI NEIM1031 Digi Noise Eliminating Module,
MFJ-1026 Noise Cancelling Module, MFJ and Tokyo Hi-Power ATU

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 1513 UTC »
The only Spanish station I know of is XEPPM R.Educacion Mexico City   which has a sked of 00:00 - 06:00 utc   

otherwise I have no other info... <sigh> 
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

rdla4

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 2315 UTC »
I saw a comment from someone in Glenn Hauser's DXLD list that they had caught this one "on" at an unusual time. Unfortunately, I read the email quickly and then deleted it. If I recall that email was either on Wednesday or Thursday of this week

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 2346 UTC »
I thought I saw that too & tried to search the dxld yg for it but couldn't find the post. Just because I remember it doesn't mean it happened...I remember all kinds of stuff that never happened
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room

rdla4

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 0009 UTC »
Lucky someone invented the 'Trash' folder on computers---I am the cause of that. (From my Thunderbird trash)

Not sure how long it was on for. I will say that XEPPM has very distinctive music quite often

From Glenn Hauser's DXLD List:

** MEXICO. 6185, July 17 at 0528, XEPPM is still on later than usual 0500v*, talking about Michael Jackson and playing some of his music. Until 0530, much more signal from 6175 Vietnam/WHRI than from 6180 Brasil, q.v. (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 0141 UTC »
With the Cubans on one side of them and the Chinese on the other they gotten creative w/ the schedule to get away from them.