We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Rouge ditter  (Read 1951 times)

beaconman

Rouge ditter
« on: November 14, 2009, 1655 UTC »
12889.0 Khz 84 dits /min  into Colorado at 1655Utc
Lets try to figure out where it is generally that is...

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Rouge ditter
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 1641 UTC »
Death Valley.

I have been gone for a few days, but when I checked an email account I use for radio stuff this morning I had an email telling me this ditter would be on the air for a while from the Death Valley area.  This is from the same source that tried what I assume is the same ditter at 5111.8, 5711.8, and 8001.8.

The center freq for this one looks like it is 12888.8.  The email mentioned the ditter would be going to 60 dits / min in the near future and that it would also have a CW message eventually...oddly enough it will be "DV" for Death Valley.  Might be confusing as D V the antenna test beacon is right there next to it.  I have suggested to the source that "DV CA" might be better than just "DV".
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 1448 UTC »
Further details:

The builder claims the power is "about" 250 mW at the antenna, no other details on the transmitter.  Antenna is said to be a hidden inverted V running N/S with good take off to the West, and obstruction to the East.  Dit rate is now 60 dits/sec (I saw it at that rate this morning).  The location is either in the Panamint Mountains on the West side of Death Valley or in Panamint Valley itself, as the emails just say "Panamint".  The description of the antenna would suggest the West side of the Panamint range, but that is a guess.

The builder does not appear to be a poster here, but might be reading some of the threads.  After his initial email to me (a couple of months back when the ditter was on 5711.8 kHz) I mentioned this site and his last email referenced the ditter having been heard.
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

beaconman

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 2147 UTC »
Death Valley diter  62 dash/min...nice solid signal into Colorado at 2143Utc
FRQ 8800 OFC vee dipole 12888.3hz
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 2150 UTC by Beaconman »