We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio GaGa Transmits With an SDR - Is Fansom Allowed to Listen?  (Read 2028 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Discuss.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Fansome

Re: Radio GaGa Transmits With an SDR - Is Fansom Allowed to Listen?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 1027 UTC »
Yeah, I got your discussion right here...

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 1620 UTC »
Simmer down, Al, he's just trying to bait you.

It does explain why you and I never hear Radio GaGa. A SDR receiver is obviously needed to hear a SDR transmission.

Keep the faith, Al, keep the faith. Every right thinking DX'er knows SDR stands for "Satan's Death Ray."

Fansome

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 0845 UTC »
Thank the Lord that I have you to keep me on the straight and narrow Pigmeat. I thought that my inability to hear GaGa was due to some moral failing on my part, and the siren call of the SDR was getting too hard to resist. I think I can manage to keep my soul pure for now. Listening to Pastor Melissa has helped immensely as well.

This is almost as bad as The Devil's Phone Booth.

Simmer down, Al, he's just trying to bait you.

It does explain why you and I never hear Radio GaGa. A SDR receiver is obviously needed to hear a SDR transmission.

Keep the faith, Al, keep the faith. Every right thinking DX'er knows SDR stands for "Satan's Death Ray."