We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Global 24  (Read 3971 times)

Offline daveontheradio

• Philadelphia, PA
    • View Profile
Global 24
« on: March 06, 2015, 2346 UTC »
Looks like after only 4 months or so, Global 24 on 9395 kHz is off the air. I haven't tuned in for at least a week myself, but listeners on their Facebook page are saying that Global 24's programming has been replaced with TruNews programming. While their signal wasn't always the best, it was a welcomed addition to a medium many see as dying. They seem to be still streaming online, but they're not broadcasting over the air on WRMI anymore.

http://global24radio.com/
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 2352 UTC by daveontheradio »
Media Professional.

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
Re: Global 24
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 0328 UTC »
I sharding miss Global 24 already.  I really do.  True News, what rubbish. 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

Offline SW Observer

• View Profile
    • International Numbers Station Monitoring Association
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 0413 UTC »
Global 24 will be missed, undoubtedly, but at the same time I can't say I'm too fond of them for taking people's money, promising things in return but never holding to those promises.
Florida, always listening via my Tecsun PL-660 receiver.

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 1600 UTC »
http://about.global24radio.com

A Note To Our Supporters

Posted March 5, 2015

Friends,

First, thank you to the many of you that financially supported us.

We are hoping to make a comeback in a new, streamlined form later in March.

We understand that, in some cases, we didn’t keep our promises on the newsletters and the like.  It should go with out saying, we’re very sorry if we’ve let you down.

If you’re looking for a refund of any sponsorship money given to Global 24 and would rather “pull out” than wait and see what happens.  Let us know in an email to qsls@global24radio.com and we can begin to explore what, if anything, that might look like.

Of course, we’d rather count on your support as we try and put this back together – but either way – we understand.

Regards,

G24
Minneapolis, MN

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 1602 UTC »
I had been listening and enjoyed a bunch of the programs. But, they did repeat programming and break in with the repetitive filler music at times (and in a lot of cases, the filler music interrupted a program).

Hope they can figure it out and make it viable.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 1607 UTC by skeezix »
Minneapolis, MN

Offline daveontheradio

• Philadelphia, PA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 1650 UTC »
Repeating programs is nothing new in radio, and actually pretty smart because it fills time and not every listener is a P1 (superfan). A station operator can even use that as a sales advantage for advertising. Most people listen here and there, so the chances of someone noticing a repeat is fairly small.

Anyway, it feels like Global 24 didn't have everything planned out fully before they jumped on the air. If you're going operate a station 24/7, you really should have a well-thought-out idea on how to program and support your station, and the the future. Going off the air like this and not fulfilling promises tells me as a listener that they're impulsive and unreliable. If they come back later this month, or in months to come, they'll find they've done damage to their audience.
Media Professional.

Offline sk4p

• Pittsburgh, PA, United States
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 0255 UTC »
I picked up Global24 a few minutes ago, about 0245 UTC 16 March.  9395 khz as expected, and "Peace Talks" program in progress.