We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: When will the stations go to Christmas?  (Read 2326 times)

Offline atrainradio

• Pronouns AM/FM
    • View Profile
When will the stations go to Christmas?
« on: October 15, 2015, 1535 UTC »
Let's take a poll

Will your local stations known for playing Christmas music switch to Christmas before thanksgiving?

After thanksgiving but still in November?

First week of December?

VOTE NOW!
KD2VEG
QTH, Queens
Tecsun PL-990 w/ outdoor FM omni and 40m dipole, RTL-SDR, Grundig Sat 750

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
Re: When will the stations go to Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 1716 UTC »
they're LATE....

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 2028 UTC »
Immediately after they finish playing "The Second Week of Deer Camp" for twenty days in a row on Black Friday. There will be a station id at the top of the hour, then an immediate segue into "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" until Boxing Day. There will be five minutes of 15 second spots between each rotation of "Grandma" with a check-in with Chopper Jim on a crane hoisted platform one hundred and sixty feet over "Toy Mountain" at the bottom of every hour.

Jim is going to up there until New Years. Don't forget to send food.

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 1047 UTC »
I would not be surprised if just after Thanksgiving, WOLX here in Madison switches to all Christmas music, all the time.  Ditto its sister station, WRIT in Milwaukee.  There go three quarters of your listeners.  Ugh! 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 0041 UTC »
I would not be surprised if just after Thanksgiving, WOLX here in Madison switches to all Christmas music, all the time.  Ditto its sister station, WRIT in Milwaukee.  There go three quarters of your listeners.  Ugh! 

Wait a second. You're a girl???  Has Al Fansome hit on you yet?

Two girls on the board could be trouble. 90% of the guys will be too scared to post. It's nearly impossible to get most of these fellas to believe that cooties can't be transferred electronically.

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 0427 UTC »
*grins* Yup, I'm a nerdgirl!  Look out, eh? :)  I hate to burst any flirtatious bubbles, but I'm not really into boys... but I also swear I don't have cooties, electronically transferrable or otherwise.  Hey Markokpik, can you confirm the lack of girl disease for the fearful? :) 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 1332 UTC »
I remember that cooties were contagious back around 1960 or so, particularly during recess in the schoolyard. Clever young boys aspiring to become doctors fashioned "cootie pickers" from paper clips. Accompanied by the recitial of "Circle Circle Dot Dot, Now You've Had Your Cootie Shot", said paper clip was triggered to strike the skin, often causing great discomfort to the victim. I was never really sure what cooties actually were...I thought they were some vague form of communicable disease that one could catch from the girls in the schoolyard while playing tag. This youthful misconception generally dissipated sometime around the onset of puberty in the latter part of the 1960's.

Uhhh...transferred electronically? :o
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 1335 UTC by Skipmuck »
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's