We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Merle Haggard, 79  (Read 1095 times)

Fansome

Merle Haggard, 79
« on: April 06, 2016, 1857 UTC »
Merle Haggard, the prolific singer-songwriter who sang of his law-breaking Bakersfield youth and penned a seemingly effortless stream of natural, storytelling lyrics with vast popular appeal — more than 100 of his songs made the Billboard charts — died Wednesday at his home near Redding, said his spokeswoman Tresa Redburn. He was 79.

“I’m very sorry to say it’s true,” Haggard’s spokeswoman Tresa Redburn told The Times on Wednesday. She said no cause of death has been determined. Haggard, who died on his birthday, had been in and out of the hospital in recent months battling pneumonia.

Offline Oliver

• DX Legend
  • Germany
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Merle Haggard, 79
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 1913 UTC »
No more "Okie From Muskogee", :'(
RX: Elad FDM-S2, Grundig Satellit 700
Ant.: HDLA 3 (Active Loop)@315°, EWE @270°, ALA 100LN, MiniWhip
QTH: JO31 (Germany)

Please send eqsl to: oliverinusa[at]yahoo.de

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
  • I miss "Up Against the Wall Radio"...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 2249 UTC »
"Mama Tried"
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 0656 UTC »
His story about tunneling through the wall of a bar to rob it at the age of 14 was my favorite. He and his partner in crime were shocked to see the place full of people. The two young fella's didn't know how late bars stayed open.