We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Mudda Maxwell's Voice of da Tiki  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Shortwave Pirate

• View Profile
Mudda Maxwell's Voice of da Tiki
« on: May 07, 2016, 1705 UTC »
Hi, All! So excited to be a part of the goings-on around here!

Back around early 2002 and then late October 2002, a pirate operator, Mudda Maxwell, broadcast a 30 minute show called "Mudda Maxwell's Voice of da Tiki". It was amazingly well put together and the QSL was quite memorable. I am fairly certain it was the work.of Alan Maxwell of KIPM fame.

I used to have an off-air recording of this and can no longer find it. I was hoping someone here may have it in their archive and would be willing to share it. Either that, or point me in the direction of locating it and I can grab it myself and share with others. Here's the QSL from the archive from here on HFU.

I hope to find this " holy grail" and add it back to my collection.

73s
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 0010 UTC by Shortwavepirate »

Nella F.

Re: Mudda Maxwell's Voice of da Tiki
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 2305 UTC »
google: "KIPM Pirate Radio" for downloads of his many surreal excursions.   8)

Offline Shortwave Pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 2359 UTC »
I found plenty of KIPM, though, I must say, I have all of the studio quality mp3s already. This was something altogether different. The only clip I've been able to find is this: https://soundcloud.com/doc227/muddamax2 Seriously some great stuff. I know there's more out there, I just can't find it. Any help would be appreciated!

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 0256 UTC »
It's floating around in the pirate community. It gets relayed occasionally. Max has been out of pirating for years.

That QSL caused big problems. Max used Svetlana Fansome as the model. Al wasn't pleased that her "tubes" were out there for everyone to see.

Offline Shortwave Pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 0334 UTC »
It's floating around in the pirate community. It gets relayed occasionally. Max has been out of pirating for years.

That QSL caused big problems. Max used Svetlana Fansome as the model. Al wasn't pleased that her "tubes" were out there for everyone to see.

Ha! Poor Al! It is quite the provocative QSL, for sure!

Fansome

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 0359 UTC »
Ix-nay on the Etlana-Svay! The new SO doesn't know about her!!!

Offline Shortwave Pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 0402 UTC »
Ix-nay on the Etlana-Svay! The new SO doesn't know about her!!!

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!!!! My lips are sealed!  ;D

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns