We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Al, do you still have that picture.........  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Al, do you still have that picture.........
« on: May 12, 2016, 0255 UTC »
of you demonstrating radio equipment to Field Marshall Hindenburg on the Western Front in 1915? These young whippersnappers need to see what it took to hear pirates back in the days when men were men and they wore pointy helmets. It was always a highlight when you posted it on the now long defunct FRN.

Offline L Cee

• East Coast - USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Al, do you still have that picture.........
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 0159 UTC »
I still have one of Al's radios that might have been in that picture. In fact I'm listening to a Pirate Station with it right now.
L Cee
East Coast - USA

Fansome

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 0312 UTC »
That radio was not meant to listen to dangerous, corrupting, illegal pirate radio! It was intended only for wholesome, family entertainment, such as Brother Stair and Pastor Melissa!!!

For shame, L Cee, for shame.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 1743 UTC »
I still have one of Al's radios that might have been in that picture. In fact I'm listening to a Pirate Station with it right now.

Did he send you the pointy helmet, too?

Offline L Cee

• East Coast - USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 1801 UTC »
That radio was not meant to listen to dangerous, corrupting, illegal pirate radio! It was intended only for wholesome, family entertainment, such as Brother Stair and Pastor Melissa!!!

For shame, L Cee, for shame.

Actually I was DXing some SSTV signals looking for some nekid pictures of Pastor Melissa when I just happened upon a pirate. I only listened for a minute and then quickly tuned away.
L Cee
East Coast - USA

Offline L Cee

• East Coast - USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 1820 UTC »

Did he send you the pointy helmet, too?

No, all that came with the radio was a set of instructions on how to remove the filter that Al had installed blocking signals from The Voice of the Angry Bastard.
L Cee
East Coast - USA

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 2004 UTC »
Curious how one of these WWI nurses looks like Belindsa Carlisle. Time travel?

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree