We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: REE Euro Cup Spain V Czech Republic 15500 am 1420 UTC 13 June 2016  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • From the People's Radio Republic of Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Fair signal plus noise

This was a surprising find, the time/frequency is only a weekend transmission.  This must be a special added transmission for the Cup Match - in Spanish.

1420z Two excited OM's describing a save by the Spanish keeper.
1431z OM's describing a failed bicycle kick attempt.
1435z Reception vastly improved - substitution by Spain
1441z Goal (heard 30-60 seconds ahead of TV coverage), Spain up 1-0 3 minutes to play
1445z Match over

Wonder if the BBC will pick up Ireland match at 1600z?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 1448 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Did you hear the BBC with any games? I tuned around on the U of Twente's receiver a bit while at work, but didn't find anything. Came across REE on 15500 with a game in Spanish (which does me no good, except for GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!)

Went down to MW and listened to the games. More fun on SW, but MW is better than nothing.
Minneapolis, MN

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • From the People's Radio Republic of Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
I did hear the BBC broadcast England and Northern Ireland matches over the weekend.  I am thinking that 1300z with England or 1600z with Northern Ireland could be possibilities on Thursday.

I am thinking that any UK squad (England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, or Wales) competing on weekends will be covered plus knock out round matches on weekends.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 2221 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns