We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Al, they found your lost hat  (Read 1450 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Al, they found your lost hat
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 1746 UTC »
I remember them selling for a 1.25$ at the local drugstore. As this one is sprung and isn't mint, you probably shouldn't offer them more than fifty cents, Al.

Mint in box would be another story, a buck seventy five would be a fair offer.

Maybe you could swap them that faded out old Beatle wig you wear for it? Don't forget to remove the foil before if you do. You don't want them taking your foil to the local scrap yard to cash in for big money.

Offline BDM

• S/E Michigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 0652 UTC »
They got the name wrong. It's Ray Walston, not Watson
Radios -- Perseus SDR // SDRPlay RSPdx // Icom IC-7300 // Tecsun PL-660 // Panasonic RF-5000A --Antennas-- Pixel Pro 1B loop - 82' fan-dipole at 40' - tuned MW/BCB 40" loop and 100' receive only dipole
-Brian--North of Detroit--MI-
1710/KHz the MW Pirate Clear Channel (not so much anymore "sigh")

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 1403 UTC »
I used to love watching the antennas come up from Walston's head when I was kid.

Didn't "My Mother The Car" follow "My Favorite Martian" during it's run? Now there was a show. Jerry Van Dyke as the lead and Shirley Booth as the voice of the car. I guess NBC felt airing a knock-off of a show about a talking horse with something else unusual that talked would work? Eddites weren't taken in.

I've never really forgiven CBS for canceling "Mr. Ed" or "Green Acres", the latter probably the best TV comedy ever made.

If you'll excuse me I've got to run up to the state capital. I think I'll buy a couple of hot dogs from Big Joe Haney's stand, he's Eustice's cousin. Those Haney's are an influential bunch. Al's Mom was half-Haney on her mothers side. Big Joe got him into CalTech. The family wanted him to go to Cow Tech, but figured as long as they were rid of him it didn't matter. CalTech agreed to the deal on terms that they got Arnold Ziffle with him.

Arnold Ziffle, the first pig in space. You won't see his likes again. We residents of the Kangaroo State still mourn for him.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 1653 UTC »
You just don't eat a fine pig like that all at once.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns