We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: jFarley, I found the ideal OpAmp for your next Loop Antenna Preamp  (Read 1670 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: jFarley, I found the ideal OpAmp for your next Loop Antenna Preamp
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 2150 UTC »
Full datasheet (4 pages): http://bsvi.ru/uploads/74a531c86fcb_EFE6/LM0901A1411090451C.pdf

I've got an altimeter from an old B-17 if you need one, Farley. No analog to digital input/output on the thing but a CalTech man like Al ought to be able to slap one together from a digital tire pressure gauge and a couple of finely crafted gum wrapper capacitors.

Offline jFarley

• Marconi Class DXer
  • near Chicago
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 1850 UTC »
Knock knock....Is this thing on?  

Yeah, I guess so.

Thanks, Chris!  Joosta wot ima luke!  These will drop right into the next project, and has supplanted the datasheet for the National LH033 Fast and Damn Fast amps as my fave datasheet of all time.  I'm calling for samples today!

And Pigmeat, I appreciate the offer for the gum wrapper capacitors.  But I have purchased some NOS Hi-Q Russian reflux capacitors (Putin Signature Series) which will be used to resonate each element in a 4 element Backfire Array.  Because I will be using reflux capacitors, I will be able to resonate the loops in both the Frequency AND Time domains, which will of course allow me to hear beacons and other things which have been decommissioned years ago.  It looks good on paper, anyway.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 1857 UTC by jFarley »
Joe Farley, Near Chicago
SDR-IQ / R8 / R7
Remote Resonant Loops for HF and LF / ALA 1530
Active 60" Whip / PA0RDT
QSLS appreciated to:    jfarley44@att.net

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 1906 UTC »
And Pigmeat, I appreciate the offer for the gum wrapper capacitors.  But I have purchased some NOS Hi-Q Russian reflux capacitors (Putin Signature Series) which will be used to resonate each element in a 4 element Backfire Array.  Because I will be using reflux capacitors, I will be able to resonate the loops in both the Frequency AND Time domains, which will of course allow me to hear beacons and other things which have been decommissioned years ago.  It looks good on paper, anyway.

But will it pick up WABC inside the Mt. Kisco A&P supermarket?
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 2354 UTC »

But will it pick up WABC inside the Mt. Kisco A&P supermarket?

That is the true test of any RF device. Speaking of the A&P, did you know lids from cans of Pringles Potato Chips can be used as makeshift knobs for your SDR's so the other dx'er's strolling the aisles won't make fun of you?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 2358 UTC by Pigmeat »

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 1923 UTC »
The max pd chart is quite telling.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.