HFU HF Underground - Shortwave Pirate Radio Forums in North America and Around The World (And other stations that go bump in the night)
    New users are welcome! Please register for an account in order to post to the board.   Posting your logging here is the best way to get a QSL from a station. June 27, 2017, 0851 UTC *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can access the HF Underground wiki here: http://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/Main_Page as well as the Radio Hobbyist technical blog

Click here for the: Pirate Radio IRC Chat Java Client

Also the EuroPirate Chat

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/HF__Underground

Home   Help Search Login Register  
     Shortwave Broadcast Schedules     
   Android app with over 12,000 shortwave broadcast schedules     

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solar Minimum  (Read 1890 times)
RST111

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 0845 UTC »

I wonder if sales of export radios and modified CB equipment will slow down with the solar minimum.

Don't know about that, but I suspect the sale of 8 pill and higher linear amps will go up.  Grin

QTH: 30mi East of Seattle  Staticbox / "RST111 WA" on 11m. I will eQSL

HF: IC-R75, Afedri SDR, Stridsberg HF Multicoupler, MFJ-1020C, Palomar CMNF-6, 100ft N/S longwire

VHF/UHF: Pro-2006, BC-XLT70, BR330T, BC-780XLT, BCD536HP, BCT-8, RTL-SDR, Stridsberg Multicoupler, Diamond Discone
ChrisSmolinski
Administrator
DX Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 1132 UTC »

Ugh!  I thought we were already *at* the darn solar minimum...  Sad 

Oh no, things will get much worse  Grin

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! Send to: csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
JRC-NRD 545 / RF Space netSDR / 670 ft horizontal loop / 500 ft beverage / 43mb sloping folded dipole
Chanter

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 2346 UTC »

*eyes the news* Re: that revolting Sound Garden song...  I should not have said a word, should I?  Didn't know anything had happened to the lead singer at the time I posted, but I still feel like something of a heel now. 

Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (currently down for maintenance) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.
MDK2
DX Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 0122 UTC »

*eyes the news* Re: that revolting Sound Garden song...  I should not have said a word, should I?  Didn't know anything had happened to the lead singer at the time I posted, but I still feel like something of a heel now. 

I'm a fan but I perceived no insensitivity in your remark. I figured you hadn't heard the news when you posted. I don't think it had broken yet. I only heard this morning myself.

Denver, CO.
Grundig Satellit 750, Tecsun PL-600, SDRPlay RSP2 Pro.
two homebrewed mag loops (10' and 15' circumference).
Soon to include RA0SMS mini-whip, but need mounting before that goes online.
eQSL's appreciated, wickerjennie (at) gmail
Pigmeat
DX Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 0257 UTC »

People are dying today that never died before. Like poor old Roger Ailes. I heard Satan and Franco were waiting for him at the gates of Hell. They figure if he could get Nixon elected in 1968, it would be a cinch for him to get them out of their predicaments.
Chanter

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 0456 UTC »

Cheers, MDK2. 

Pigmeat, I should not have laughed at that last... but oh brother, did I! 

Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (currently down for maintenance) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.
Pigmeat
DX Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 1939 UTC »

When you make dead guy jokes you've got to consider the reputation of the man along with the timing, Chanter. Posting a joke about Ailes going to Hell and using his skills to help Satan and Franco wouldn't have the same punch if I'd waited until he was in the ground.
ka1iic

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 2028 UTC »

I give all you folks permission to laugh your buttocks off when I kick off :-)

And the jokes... anything goes unless it messes with the HFU policy...  off line everything goes :-)

I believe in eternal life...  And if the theories hold up that you can't destroy energy... Well I'll go tap dancing on a lot of graves...  Prepare for a tap tap tap to all in a box below the ground.

As for my dead husk...  I, like George Carlin, want to be blown up... not in a box, or burned, toss a few holy handy-grrr-naids me... Get drunk and have a BBQ and smoke some pan...  errrr... pot?

man.... where the hell is my medication...  suddenly feeling dizzy...   arg.... <<<<thud>>>>

bbl

73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!
BoomboxDX

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2017, 1522 UTC »

You have never struck me as someone who would be insensitive like that. Like MDK2 I figured you hadn't heard the news yet.

No offense taken here, and I'm a Soundgarden fan.

Chris Cornell, RIP....

An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
     Packet Radio     
   iPhone/iPad/iPod app to decode Packet Radio     

Jump to: