Author Topic: Solar Minimum  (Read 2216 times)

RST111

• View Profile
Re: Solar Minimum
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 0845 UTC »
I wonder if sales of export radios and modified CB equipment will slow down with the solar minimum.

Don't know about that, but I suspect the sale of 8 pill and higher linear amps will go up.  ;D
QTH: 30mi East of Seattle  Staticbox / "RST111 WA" on 11m. I will eQSL

HF: IC-R75, Afedri SDR, Stridsberg HF Multicoupler, MFJ-1020C, Palomar CMNF-6, 100ft N/S longwire

VHF/UHF: Pro-2006, BC-XLT70, BR330T, BC-780XLT, BCD536HP, BCT-8, RTL-SDR, Stridsberg Multicoupler, Diamond Discone

ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 1132 UTC »
Ugh!  I thought we were already *at* the darn solar minimum...  :( 

Oh no, things will get much worse  ;D
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! Send to: csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
JRC-NRD 545 / RF Space netSDR / 670 ft horizontal loop / 500 ft beverage / 43mb sloping folded dipole / Crossed Parallel Loop

Chanter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 2346 UTC »
*eyes the news* Re: that revolting Sound Garden song...  I should not have said a word, should I?  Didn't know anything had happened to the lead singer at the time I posted, but I still feel like something of a heel now. 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (currently down for maintenance) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

MDK2

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 0122 UTC »
*eyes the news* Re: that revolting Sound Garden song...  I should not have said a word, should I?  Didn't know anything had happened to the lead singer at the time I posted, but I still feel like something of a heel now. 

I'm a fan but I perceived no insensitivity in your remark. I figured you hadn't heard the news when you posted. I don't think it had broken yet. I only heard this morning myself.
Denver, CO.
Grundig Satellit 750, Tecsun PL-600, SDRPlay RSP2 Pro.
two homebrewed mag loops (10' and 15' circumference).
Soon to include RA0SMS mini-whip, but need mounting before that goes online.
eQSL's appreciated, wickerjennie (at) gmail

Pigmeat

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 0257 UTC »
People are dying today that never died before. Like poor old Roger Ailes. I heard Satan and Franco were waiting for him at the gates of Hell. They figure if he could get Nixon elected in 1968, it would be a cinch for him to get them out of their predicaments.

Chanter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 0456 UTC »
Cheers, MDK2. 

Pigmeat, I should not have laughed at that last... but oh brother, did I! 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (currently down for maintenance) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

Pigmeat

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 1939 UTC »
When you make dead guy jokes you've got to consider the reputation of the man along with the timing, Chanter. Posting a joke about Ailes going to Hell and using his skills to help Satan and Franco wouldn't have the same punch if I'd waited until he was in the ground.

ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 2028 UTC »
I give all you folks permission to laugh your buttocks off when I kick off :-)

And the jokes... anything goes unless it messes with the HFU policy...  off line everything goes :-)

I believe in eternal life...  And if the theories hold up that you can't destroy energy... Well I'll go tap dancing on a lot of graves...  Prepare for a tap tap tap to all in a box below the ground.

As for my dead husk...  I, like George Carlin, want to be blown up... not in a box, or burned, toss a few holy handy-grrr-naids me... Get drunk and have a BBQ and smoke some pan...  errrr... pot?

man.... where the hell is my medication...  suddenly feeling dizzy...   arg.... <<<<thud>>>>

bbl
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

BoomboxDX

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2017, 1522 UTC »

You have never struck me as someone who would be insensitive like that. Like MDK2 I figured you hadn't heard the news yet.

No offense taken here, and I'm a Soundgarden fan.

Chris Cornell, RIP....
An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII, PR-D5 & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).