We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Frequency Changes?  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Shortwave_America

• View Profile
    • Email
Frequency Changes?
« on: September 12, 2010, 0818 UTC »
HF.org (David Hood's Site) must need SWL reports for updates badly!

I'm not being critical, but I looked up broadcasts for right now and not hearing anything for Sunday on the freqs listed. BUT, I am hearing broadcasts in between the freqs listed! I didn't make any notes, but unless my radio is off kilter (which I doubt because it's been well taken care of), I am getting activity for which there are no listings available.

Think I may have caught a pirate without ID too! Around 5020Khz, was an old Helen Ready song playing and then a spanish station took over the freq before the song could finish!   

Sept. 18th 2010
Turns out my radio isn't off kilter, and that Dave's site is extremely accurate. My problem was operator error. However, I did make a discovery that we should send our reports to Dave because some of what I punched up at the frequency schedule finder was inaccurate, but for the most part it wasn't terribly off.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 0213 UTC by Shortwave_America »