We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Dontri Argentina Pirate  (Read 1438 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Radio Dontri Argentina Pirate
« on: November 11, 2017, 2244 UTC »
Received via the LU5DNP SDR in Argentina, while I was scoping out other Latin American pirates we might be able to receive. Radio Dontri transmits in both AM and USB, at about 30 watts according to the operator. He says he is on nightly to about 0200 UTC, so we should have a good window. He uses 6955:

Hello, thank for send the reception report.
This station is transmitting with a homemade transceiver BITX 40 (for LSB, USB, CW), and a power amplifier with 2 mosfet SSS7N60A, output power around 30W. For the AM transmission, it uses the transceiver as a carrier generator (cw) and in the power amplifier is conected a modulator in the gate of the transistors.
The antenna is a dipole. It is not very high (in the image)
Now i am transmiting in 6955 USB.
Generally i am on the air until 0200 UTC in the week ends.

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree