We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Voice of Indonesia 9525 AM  (Read 1113 times)

Offline shadypyro

• Port Alberni British Columbia Canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
Voice of Indonesia 9525 AM
« on: June 16, 2018, 1841 UTC »
Hi all, i found a answer on why VOI on shortwave was missing in action for a while..

Regarding Voice of Indonesia Shortwave transmission which is off the air for a long time, it has now been known from our Australian friend Michael Cunningham, that all antennas of VOI Transmitter site at Cimmangis (Nearly 40 Kms away from Jakarta) which we visited last year have been removed as a University will be set up there. It means VOI will have to install its Transmitter and antennas in a new site before it resumes regular shortwave transmission again. Meanwhile, it is being reported that VOI program is carried on 3325 kHz from Rri Palangkaraya (domestic transmitter) in addition to online streaming for the time being.
Tecsun PL-880, MLA-30 plus loop antenna. Various sdrs.

Please eQSL to deserthawk1990@hotmail.com

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
Re: Voice of Indonesia 9525 AM
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 0430 UTC »
Glad to know they intend to be back! :)  Also good to hear confirmation of the 3325kHz frequency in the interim.  Next time I'm out at Lake Farm in the morning, I'm trying for that one. 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

Offline shadypyro

• Port Alberni British Columbia Canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Voice of Indonesia 9525 AM
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 2108 UTC »
Glad to know they intend to be back! :)  Also good to hear confirmation of the 3325kHz frequency in the interim.  Next time I'm out at Lake Farm in the morning, I'm trying for that one.

Good luck!
Tecsun PL-880, MLA-30 plus loop antenna. Various sdrs.

Please eQSL to deserthawk1990@hotmail.com