We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Great pirate weekend so far!  (Read 3471 times)

Fansome

Great pirate weekend so far!
« on: February 27, 2011, 0518 UTC »
To all the pirates, thanks for the shows so far this weekend!

Considering all of the toxic rumors that have been going around, it's been admirable that so many pirates have taken the risk to go on the air. I've heard a lot of great programming in the past couple of days.

We at HFU hope that you keep up the good work. We will continue to log your broadcasts faithfully. And, you should drop into #pirateradio on the Starchat IRC, where you will be able to see real-time reports of your work. There is no need to worry about your IP address giving you away, as Starchat obscures them. It's a great place to hang out, as well, since it is populated with many pirates and DXers who are always willing to discuss Pirate Radio with wit and intelligence.

Thanks again, and we will see you on #pirateradio! And, thanks from HFU, the most viewed pirate radio site on the net.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 0520 UTC by Fansome »

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Great pirate weekend so far!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 1110 UTC »
Dammit, Fanman, I snorted beer through my nose LOLing.

But semi-srsly, which is as srsly as I can get... yup, great weekend of piratical malfeasance despite the risks taken in the interest of free radio.  Thank you all.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 1127 UTC by Lex »
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline corq

• Global Moderator
    • ICQ Messenger - 6176320
    • AOL Instant Messenger - uncorq
    • View Profile
    • corq dot co
Re: Great pirate weekend so far!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 1707 UTC »
I'm remiss for not logging more here, but I must agree the listening opportunities have been incredible.

The weekend has been pretty awesome thus far -- here's hoping that a more welcoming atmosphere will bring new eyes and ears to pirate listening.

Most of all THANK YOU to the myriad, and often mysterious Ops who keep the great shows and content fresh.

You're the reason we're all here.
Icom IC-705/AirSpyHF+ Discovery via GR5V
QTH: KMCO
plz qsl: corqpub ~at~ gmail.com
Captures posted to: http://youtube.com/uncorq
Kicks, Screams and Other Heresies: http://corq.co

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns