We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WWKB 1520 kHz AM to Rebroadcast the WKBW 1968 Version of War of The Worlds  (Read 899 times)

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tonight at 2200 UTC, WWKB 1520 AM will be rebroadcasting the WKBW's (original station ID) 1968 version of War of The Worlds, when space aliens attacked Grand Island New York. Since KB is a 50,000 watt station you should be able to hear the show up and down the east coast. 

0003 UTC - Capsule in a swamp discovered in Ontario, Canada by two hunters. Niagara Air Force Base put on alert .
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 0006 UTC by Traveling Wave »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
Transmit the message to the receiver, Hope for an answer someday - from Life During Waretime by Talking Heads
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline Davep

• DXing Phenomena
  • Va Beach Va
    • View Profile
Hearing it at 2201   ,  a little early for the signal but getting down here

2351 Still going great signal on the Panasonic   Peace Corps ads earlier and "One Stop tape center $49.95 8 track with 2 free speakers
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 0001 UTC by Davep »
Va Beach Virginia
Modified Dx 394 audio Altec Lansing ACS43
Folded dipole

Offline myteaquinn

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Nice to hear a "WKBW" station id again. But, damn I lived in Tonawanda and went to Fantasy Island every summer and Kelly's Country Store for pictures with Santa every Christmas, well when I lived there. And now it is smoldering ruins. SIGH! 
Northeast Ohio
Now using Shazam for song identification
myteaquinn@yahoo.com