We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio caused these recent storms in US  (Read 4750 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Radio caused these recent storms in US
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 0509 UTC »
Doc John, I'll bet you're a William Cooper fan as well.  Every time I listen to Alex Jones I miss Cooper even more, especially the way he could spin a tale.

BTW, remember these headlines from 2008?

Rain out: China aims to control Olympics weather

China may artificially change weather for Olympics

China may artificially change unfavorable weather for Olympics

Even if they couldn't really do it effectively, it certainly contributes to the speculation.

As my fellow reporter Scott used to say when we were on the college newspaper: F**k facts.  There's nothing more entertaining than a good conspiracy story.  It helps that they're true jussst often enough to keep us guessing.   ;D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 0837 UTC by Lex »
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline Northern Relay Service

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Radio caused these recent storms in US
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 2158 UTC »
Hey Lex

Yes I remember the Chinese weather mods  very well . The UN treaty of 1977 does not say anything about weather modification within a sovereign state as illegal acts. Only those perpetrated on other states as acts of war . What I find strange is that every person who understands weather knows if you are to prevent something like rain from happening in one place it must therefore rain more elsewhere. It's the "what goes up must come down syndrome".  So if a country was to perpetually cause rain storms in their country through say cloud seeding let's say India for example  would be fair to say that a drought in say Pakistan or Tibet or southern China could it be considered an act of war?? The treaty does not go into this. As it has never been the UN's role to interfere in the internal affairs of sovereign counties . Sneaky huh?

I've run across William Cooper a few times in searches but have not delved into the history of him deeply . I know he was gunned down and there was some controversy about that. But will have to spend some time looking back on his work. I have heard that Alex Jones Hated the guy so could be worth while. As an isolated Canadian living in our little puppet utopia I have to say a lot of this stuff is new to us.