We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: unid 6.9255am?  (Read 3764 times)

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
  • I miss "Up Against the Wall Radio"...
    • View Profile
    • Email
unid 6.9255am?
« on: May 27, 2011, 0111 UTC »
music and male talking
lots of static tonite
near chicago here
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: unid 6.9255am?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 0128 UTC »
signal stronger now but tough copy with static crashes
cant make out music no id yet
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

Offline RIVER RAT

• South central, Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 0141 UTC »
Liquid Radio- 0130z 6925 AM, techno/dance music several ID's Good signal and audio but band is very noisey tonight making for a rough copy. Thanks for the show!
inverted v at 30ft, kenwood R-2000

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 0142 UTC »
0139z best I can tell is it's techno type music with male vocals.
Static tough.  But signal strong.
Drake R8 and 33' inverted vee here.

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 0143 UTC »
Thx Rat!

Offline Mystery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 1955 UTC »
Thx Rat!
  It wasnt liquid.. I talked to the opp and he said he wasnt broadcasting... What you most likely heard was a station called WMPR  Micro Power Radio

Offline Andrew Yoder

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Hobby Broadcasting Blog
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 2024 UTC »
Not necessarily. It might have been a relay. I've heard Liquid Radio relayed on 6900 by the Bowling League Relay Service earlier this year.
Please QSL to: POB 109, BRS, PA 17214
Hobby Broadcasting Blog: http://hobbybroadcasting.blogspot.com/
Drake R8, AOR AR-7030, R-390A, R-388, SX-28A, Philco 44 + some others    Horizontal loops & 1/2-wave inverted V

Offline Mystery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 2029 UTC »
After I got to thinking I thought the same thing... because In fact im Relaying Liquid Right now on 6220 or listen to the relay online http://174.142.103.66:8180/listen.pls    or go to Liquids Official website and stream it there.    http://www.liquidradioonline.com  BTW im not affiliated with Liquid Nor are any of the Relayers,, we all just love the programing,, and the op is usually cool about relays.

BTW Andrew Yoder,,, I heard that name read out on Laser Hot Hits.....   Kudos to you if you were able to hear them in the states.. Ive tried to know end and cant pick them up....  Sorry for Hijacking my own post and this thread..

Newfoundland DXer

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 0018 UTC »
@ Mystery:   I hope you are not trying to fool people into thinking you are the european pirate Mystery Radio.  They have been off the air for about a year now, so any relay on 6220 is not coming from them.

As well, in the hundreds of hours that I spent listening to Mystery, I did not hear one relay of an American station.

And your email is not that of Mystery Radio.

BTW Andrew Yoder,,, I heard that name read out on Laser Hot Hits.....   Kudos to you if you were able to hear them in the states.. Ive tried to know end and cant pick them up....  

Am I missing something here?  How did you hear the name?

Am I smelling dirty laundry?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 0118 UTC by Newfoundland DXer »

Offline RIVER RAT

• South central, Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 0054 UTC »
I heard the ID loud and clear at 0130z and several after. So dunno if it was a relay or an actual broadcast but it definitely was Liquid Radio.   
inverted v at 30ft, kenwood R-2000

Offline Mystery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 0225 UTC »
IN IRC I explained to everyone that I wasnt from Europe..   I didnt previously know about the Italian Pirate until another DXer brought it to my attention,,, at the time I started this station I was only on FM as I didnt know how to do shoutcast at the time,,, Around 2001 and had no interest or knowlege in Short Wave   Station then Known as Mystery FM,, operating on several dial spots until I finally settled on 93.5... I also have plans to return to FM as soon as I can afford another Antenna,,, after this time the station name will go back to Mystery FM,, the net stream, PLUS select and rare and LP SW DX tests will continue.    After Hearing the airchecks of Mystery Radio 6220 I was greatly inspired by the station,,, So I Changed to name to simply Mystery RADIO which at the time was a net only station,,, then I saved up and got a QRP KIT for the 49 meter band,,, tuned it to 6220 and Became the new Domestic Mystery Radio,,, The Only reason I use 6220 aside from Nostalgia purposes is to avoid USA Ops whom will drown out my weak undermodulated signal..    Some would say im just an Amature Pirate,,, or even a wannabe,, And im ok with that,,  IM very new at this and I certainly am not a big time pro OP,,, but I dont claim to be, Most of My DX reports only hear the carrier and or Het  as I just dont really have enough Modulation to get a listenable signal....  I dont like Drama,, and I can back up anything I say without trying to start abunch of crap.    The original Mystery Radio was a big inspiration of me,, although Mystery FM was first,, but I admit that I kept using the name after I learned about it.

Offline Andrew Yoder

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Hobby Broadcasting Blog
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 0238 UTC »
Hi Mystery,
Thanks for the info about your station. Interesting all around. Maybe I'll hear you sometime.

I have heard LHH directly, but that was several times about a decade ago. In fact, I think those times were back on 6220. The times that I've LHH recently were via web receiver in the UK.

Thanks & have a great evening!
Andrew
Please QSL to: POB 109, BRS, PA 17214
Hobby Broadcasting Blog: http://hobbybroadcasting.blogspot.com/
Drake R8, AOR AR-7030, R-390A, R-388, SX-28A, Philco 44 + some others    Horizontal loops & 1/2-wave inverted V

Offline Mystery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 0308 UTC »
Further more.. The Op for the Italian Mystery Radio is on my Facebook page,,, and is OK with me to the best of my knowledge

Newfoundland DXer

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 1129 UTC »
Hi Mystery:

Thank you for the explanation.  I sincerely apologize for my previous comments. 

I am not a regular in IRC chat, so I did not see your explanation there.

I certainly hope to hear your station at some point, now that 6220 is free again.  (It was being used by Laser after Italian Mystery went off, but they moved to 6945 a month ago.)

Cheers, Terry

Offline Mystery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 0030 UTC »
Just an Update Ive changed the name on Shoutcast to Mystery Radio (WORLDWIDE) My main focus is on the internet but Im starting to test some different Freqs.