We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: carrier 6230 AM 1215 utc 26 apr 2019  (Read 430 times)

Offline Ray Lalleu

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Western part of France
    • View Profile
carrier 6230 AM 1215 utc 26 apr 2019
« on: April 26, 2019, 1231 UTC »
on 6230.0-
One week now, that the relay of Coast FM on 6230 is silent.
Only a carrier, 24h a day, that seems to be the same TX without modulation.
Today at 1215, with no other station around, I'm guessing some extra weak audio.
Not sure about anything. It could be from another station, maybe from Far-East, but it's early for that. Another idea: even if the audio input of the TX is switched off, a tiny audio signal could jump around that switch or from any other device in the room. And of course, it could be some form of image in my RX or RFI from local FM stations here. (Absolutely no strong MW signal here).

Any other idea ?

D/E/F/G/It/Sp : Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Spanish
+/- : about 0.02 offset, ++/-- 0.03/0.04 offset
Balanced wire antennas, wire lines and ATU
*** Mes pages ex-OEM : semaines des OC, radios-médias, techniques de réception, en français, demandez  les ! ***

Offline Brian

• Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: carrier 6230 AM 1215 utc 26 apr 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 1307 UTC »
Ray, I don't think the operator of 6230 is always at home so if the internet stream to the transmitter drops, then he isn't there to restart it.

Offline Ray Lalleu

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Western part of France
    • View Profile
Re: carrier 6230 AM 1215 utc 26 apr 2019
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 1350 UTC »
Ray, I don't think the operator of 6230 is always at home so if the internet stream to the transmitter drops, then he isn't there to restart it.
Maybe he is gone for a holiday in Tenerife ?   ;D
D/E/F/G/It/Sp : Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Spanish
+/- : about 0.02 offset, ++/-- 0.03/0.04 offset
Balanced wire antennas, wire lines and ATU
*** Mes pages ex-OEM : semaines des OC, radios-médias, techniques de réception, en français, demandez  les ! ***