We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: "Belltown" working "Thug 19" & "Thug 13" on 11218.4 khz 19:50 UTC Oct. 11  (Read 2057 times)

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
  • Riding the (electromagnetic) waves...
    • View Profile
I'm not sure what these stations were. I suspect military but a search of the Military Callsign List didn't turn up anything for Belltown or Bell Town. At one point Belltown said, "The vehicles have been released." I've tried googling the frequency but haven't come up with anything.

Received in Seattle, WA on an RSP1a SDR and MLA-30 broadband loop. Anyone know what I heard?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 2335 UTC by jasmine »
SDRPlay RSP1a, Airspy HF+Discovery, Malahit Clone with v1.10D & MLA-30+ Magnetic Loop Antenna

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
THUG A-10 303RD FS AFRES WHITEMAN AFB MO

Might have been A10s working out, but dunno if they have hf for certain. The A10 training comms I get here on UHF are often related to vehicles/mobile targets soon to feel the wrath of an angered warthog.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
    • View Profile
Ah, that would make sense! Thank you! just now i heard another transmission which started with "All players, all players code 108-184".  and then some little short 1 second clips that sound like music being played off frequency. i've been able to ID the song it's "Who Let he Dogs Out?". Ring a bell? Seems pretty active right now. does the military have pirate radio stations or is this some sort of jamming or a secret code they use? strange af though! at least to me, but i'm new at this.

More at 23:26:
Darkside to Belltown "Potential Spoofing".
Belltown to Darkside: "All players spoof?"

And more Who Let the Dogs Out played after it.

Then "All players, all players, Yellow 1. All players, cookies." and more of that song
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 2329 UTC by jasmine »
SDRPlay RSP1a, Airspy HF+Discovery, Malahit Clone with v1.10D & MLA-30+ Magnetic Loop Antenna

Offline autovon

• View Profile
It's S8 here!  Got it tuned to 11218.4 kHz.   
Default RX location is Wisconsin using various wire antennas. Other RX will be noted.

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
    • View Profile
yes! i was off by 100 hz,  i have it at S6 up here. thanks for monitoring. is this weird or what?
"Darkside, darkside Cookies at 1-6-0" then more Who Let the Dogs Out!

Is this a Pirate or Military? Both?!

Offline autovon

• View Profile
It's got the markings of USAF war games.   The music is likely to simulate freq jamming/interference.   Good catch BTW.
Default RX location is Wisconsin using various wire antennas. Other RX will be noted.

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
    • View Profile
It's got the markings of USAF war games.   The music is likely to simulate freq jamming/interference.   Good catch BTW.

ok, that's funny! i'm imagining pilots doing strafing runs with the 90's Junkanoo tune playing on loop and i can't stop laughing. thanks for the compliment. i'm pretty new at this but it seems i get a lot of good catches.

Offline refmo

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Northeast Kentucky
    • View Profile
Still going here @ 2345.
Northeast Kentucky
Please eQSL to refmo[at]outlook[dot]com
Radios: Afedri AFE822x, Airspy HF+, RX-888, RSPdx, Tecsun PL880
Antennas: 700' Loop Skywire, Wellbrook ALA1530LN Loop, 400' Beverage, 34' Vertical, low dipoles on upper bands.

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
    • View Profile
yes, still receiving it here at an S6. heard "Radar targets" and "Fire on all targets" or something like that.

Offline autovon

• View Profile
Seems to be gone.   Note that after someone said to go to Yellow 1, there tactical traffic was gone.   Yellow 1 is probably a different freq.

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
    • View Profile
i'll try to find the new frequency if Yellow-1 is HF

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
There was exercise skymaster traffic on triple one last nite, so an exercise may be ongoing. The reported traffic kinda sounds like training for sigint troops as well as air assets. I imagine they went to a nite freq, somewhere in the 3 to 9mc range.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
    • View Profile
thanks. please post if you find the freq. they went to and i'll do the same.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 0023 UTC by jasmine »

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
    • View Profile
Monitoring some voice activity on this frequency again at 20:40. no music yet  ;D but it sounds like they are preparing for something again.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 2141 UTC by jasmine »

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns