We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 6900.5 USB activity  (Read 3933 times)

Offline radioreddz

• Maryland
    • View Profile
    • Email
6900.5 USB activity
« on: February 05, 2012, 0102 UTC »
i here a bunch or spanish speaking activity on 6900.5 USB always spanish speaking males and it goes on for hours. does anyone else hear them or know what it is. i get strong signals 5/9 plus on them into so. maryland.
listning to the world on 200' of wire  assisted by a host of Hallicrafters,Icoms,Heath Kits and Radio Shack radios.  Stevo in Maryland

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 6900.5 USB activity
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 0133 UTC »
I heard a couple of guys on 6950 last night yakking away.  From what I've gathered, they are fishermen in south/latin america talking to each other with their marine radios.  Sometimes I yell back at them, usually to no avail.

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline radioreddz

• Maryland
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 0201 UTC »
just tonight about 30 min ago i heard somm italian speaking guys on 6950 usb sounds as thou they were pissed about something it was about 8:30 pm est.
listning to the world on 200' of wire  assisted by a host of Hallicrafters,Icoms,Heath Kits and Radio Shack radios.  Stevo in Maryland

Offline UNID QRP

• View Profile
    • UNID QRP Radio
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 0211 UTC »
i here a bunch or spanish speaking activity on 6900.5 USB always spanish speaking males and it goes on for hours. does anyone else hear them or know what it is. i get strong signals 5/9 plus on them into so. maryland.

Sounds like pescadores.  Used to get them all over 43m in a couple of places I've lived.

Usually they don't really bother anyone, but every once in a while one of them will get a case of possessiveness over the band and try to give pirates and hams a run for their money.  Never really amounts to much.